Author Topic: In from the Cold  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
In from the Cold
« on: January 31, 2005, 10:03:55 PM »
To all of my Forum Friends:

I've been absent from the Forum for the past two months or so due to the sudden illness of my wife.  I always thought I could protect and defend her against almost anything, but life has a way of teaching a man his limitations.  She is much recovered now, and I have been able to spend some time catching up on the "comings and goings" of my favorite Second Amendment forum.  (On that note, congratulations on how you all handled that most recent "troll.")

And a belated Happy New Year to you all!

RS

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline rtw

• Expert
Re: In from the Cold
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 10:11:28 PM »
I am saddened to hear that she was ill...and gladdened to hear that she is better now.

Welcome back...and happy new year!

Dick
Welcome home

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 04:40:11 AM »
I believe that God conceived our world as one of Planned Randomness, which is why bad things sometimes happen to good people. I also believe that in the randomness of events that even though He may not stop them from happening, God is open to the prayers and thoughts of we mortals who seek His help. I will pray for your wife's full recovery as you both emerge from the haze of what had to be a very dark time. Good luck, God Bless, and here's to hoping her recovery, and yours, is strong and vital. Welcome back!
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 09:01:13 AM »
Welcome back, Richard.  Although we all spend a lot of time trying to be in a position to control our environments, there are things we can't predict or control at all.

I am happy that things are better and wish you and your wife the best.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 12:23:54 PM »
My wife and I would like to join the group of "Well Wishers" here on the forum.  Give the Judge, and Tut a hug for us,  Buffy also sends her best...

RJ=

Offline TW

• Grand Master
In from the Cold
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 02:06:39 PM »
>>Hi Richard...

I too would like to offer my thoughts and prayers to you and your wife at this time.  Next to a relationship with God I believe that of a wife, or husband, is the most precious gift we can have.  And then there would be an R9, of course...

For the sake of both of you, I'm glad to hear your wife is on the mend...TW<<

Eph. 5:28-30

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 09:59:50 PM »
RICHARD!!!!!!  :) :)

Belated Happy 2005 to you too Sir.!  Well - only a month late!

I had wondered where you had gotten to.  Now I know why.  Sorry this last two months has been bad for you - but relieved to hear things have improved.  Our wives are (or should be IMO) our partners, friends, lovers, confidants ... you name it.  Best expressed by the expression ''other half''!!!

I am blessed with a second marriage within which I daily give thanks - and try never to take much of anything for granted.  I hit 60 very soon ... sobering thought - I try and make each day count.

Welcome back my friend.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 11:15:22 PM »
Thank you all for your expressions of support.  They are much appreciated.

One thing which I have learned during the past two months is the importance of early detection of this monster we know as cancer.  The early detection of my beloved little wife's cancer gives us a realistic expectation of a total cure and the many years yet together for which we had planned.

And so, my fellow "macho" friends, I offer this advice:  Guard and protect the women whom you love, but also insist that they go for the full range of their annual physical examinations.  It may be that by such subtle means, and not by combat, that you actually save their lives.

Thank you again.

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 10:57:17 PM »
Glad to hear things went well, and good advice, Richard.  That is among the scariest things I can think of.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.