Author Topic: Aguila IQs.frangible ideas?  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Aguila IQs.frangible ideas?
« on: June 24, 2005, 06:53:14 PM »
OK, so I got some -- yes, I realize that they probably aren't that well made, and they won't be replacing my Speers for carry rounds, but I kinda liked the idea of a very light bullet -- IQs are only 65 gr. if that could be a reliable stopping round -- should reduce recoil considerably -- again, not really a concern, given I can control the little beast for at least the first 30 rounds pretty well, with the 115s.
    My main thought was if anyone's tried some Glasers, etc in the Rohrbaugh -- there are times when I really don't want any overpenetration/ricchochet.

Brad
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
Re: Aguila IQs.frangible ideas?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 09:12:17 PM »
Frangibles are a great idea.. ;D

If they are needed, what a great platform for confined areas..

I just cannot bring myself to buy enough of them to assure the gun is reliable with the round.. :o

I guess my GDs must be adequate for my needs.. 8)

I too am interested if anyone has had extensive experience with the Glaser type in the Pup..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline jlseagull

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 06:48:39 PM »
How well did the IQ's do at the range?

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 01:29:48 PM »
Haven't made it down yet, I'll post on them when I do -- dang city living -- don't think the neighbors, justifiably, would be happy if I started shooting in the back yard.  Looking at them, they don't look too well made, so I wouldn't depend on them -- when I was at the range, I tried a couple clips of 147 hydrashocks, and some "indepence" 115s and they both grouped very well at 2 feet -- punched out my Xs, and was pretty much getting ragged holes until my hand started to fatigue.

Brad
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.