Author Topic: Show Me Yours?    (Read 1424 times)

Offline Alphonso

• Expert
Show Me Yours?  
« on: May 01, 2008, 08:04:20 AM »
I've done my homework on the R9 and want to buy one.  Trouble is, I've never actually seen or held one, and I just can't drop a grand on a gun I've never even seen.  

I live in San Marcos Texas (about half way between Austin and San Antonio).  

If you are nearby and would be willing to let me see and hold (not shoot, of course) your R9 I'd appreciate it.

Mostly I want to compare an R9 to my Kahr PM9 to see if there is any noticeable  size/weight difference.

My email is in my profile.  Thanks in advance...

**We Don't Rent Pigs***

Offline mcop511

Re: Show Me Yours?  
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 11:19:46 AM »
I hope you have luck finding someone close. If you were closer to NE Louisiana you'd be welcome to try mine.

FWIW, the R9 was the replacement for a PM9 that I really liked a lot. To me, there was a very noticable difference in size for front pocket carry. Much more concealable. Trade off is you dont have as good a firing grip as with the Kahr, but for the mission the R9 was designed for, it works fine.

The R9 is also lighter but to me the size and positive mag lock up on the heel of the grip were the deciding factors.

I ordered mine w/o ever seeing one in person also. I dont regret it a bit.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 12:47:08 PM »
look for a post from Robert Mecco, he is in San Antonio. He will be happy to help.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline robertmeco

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 03:08:11 PM »
Alphonso this is Robert if you will send me your phone # and I will call you with info on the R9 the Irishguard asked me to contact you thanks Robert or E-maim me at robertmeco@aol.com
robertmeco

Offline Alphonso

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 04:45:14 PM »
Thanks Robert,

I'll be in touch when you get your R9 back around mid month, If I can't find one sooner to look at.  

**We Don't Rent Pigs***

Offline Alphonso

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 10:02:45 PM »
Bumping to top.  I Have a chance to see an R9 in a couple of weeks, but have the hots pretty bad and would like to get a view sooner than that if anyone is in the area.

Thanks...
**We Don't Rent Pigs***