Author Topic: Failure to Fire update  (Read 2060 times)

Offline 2slow

Failure to Fire update
« on: February 20, 2012, 07:30:47 PM »
I started a new thread, the other one got off topic ;D ;D ;D

Been to the range 2 times since I got the r9 back from Rohrbaugh.  Karl told me they changed the firing pin and firing pin spring.  It seems to be better, however it will not  fire Gold Dots. I get a failure to fire about every 3rd round. Maybe its just a bad couple of boxes. It works perfect with every thing else I've tried eg: Federal Premium Personal Defense 135 gr and 115 gr, also Remington Golden Saber 124 gr and some American Eagle 115 gr FMJ.  I think one more trip to the range without any problems and I'll feel safe using  it as my carry gun. Karl called me to let me know what they did, That means a lot. Thanks for all the advice.   :) :)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Failure to Fire update
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 07:49:50 PM »
2slow.  Thanks for the feedback.  Pick one of the perfect working ammos and feel good about it.  Some R9's are just finiky about their diets, but fire other ammo with ease as does yours.  I would now enjoy, soooo..................enjoy.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Failure to Fire update
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 09:21:02 PM »
2slow, first let me welcome you to the group because I don't remember doing it before.
  Sorry to hear about the Gold Dots, they are one of my favorites along with Winchester Ranger LE ammo.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson