Author Topic: Rohrbaugh Website Update  (Read 3905 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Rohrbaugh Website Update
« on: October 10, 2009, 11:20:23 AM »
Talked to Maria yesterday about the pictures on the website and she said she was handling that herself.  Another company does the website and she has called them and told them enough is enough.  She told them to fix the pictures now.  She said this is on her desk, and you can be sure this will be done.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Rohrbaugh Website Update
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 03:16:45 PM »
If Maria has ordered it, you can be assured that it WILL be done.  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 04:56:46 PM »

Amen; she is a doer.

Offline Nra-Life-Member

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 01:00:49 AM »
They should Fire the company that handles this..  And Hire someone else..

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 11:14:11 AM »
They have those pictures integrated in a lot of the page graphics and videos and it’s not like waving a wand and they go away.  It costs money, a photo shoot, graphic and video redevelopment and some time depending on the urgency, which obviously hasn't been on the top of their list.  I would be VERY surprised if this gets done before the New Year, or at all with the economic times we are in.  It would be easier and cheaper and thus faster if they put up some disclaimer that the CF grips are no longer available and have been replaced with G10, or that models and features change and are discontinued and may no longer available.  Quite honestly if it were me I would make a page that listed all the models and features ever made, and then list availability as yes or no, that would solve a number of issues for the future as well, instead of redoing all that work.  That could be done today at much less expense.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 11:28:12 AM by Fat_Boy »
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline Nra-Life-Member

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 08:26:30 PM »
They have those pictures integrated in a lot of the page graphics and videos and it’s not like waving a wand and they go away.  It costs money, a photo shoot, graphic and video redevelopment and some time depending on the urgency, which obviously hasn't been on the top of their list.  I would be VERY surprised if this gets done before the New Year, or at all with the economic times we are in.  It would be easier and cheaper and thus faster if they put up some disclaimer that the CF grips are no longer available and have been replaced with G10, or that models and features change and are discontinued and may no longer available.  Quite honestly if it were me I would make a page that listed all the models and features ever made, and then list availability as yes or no, that would solve a number of issues for the future as well, instead of redoing all that work.  That could be done today at much less expense.

I would assume they have the pictures - maybe from Shot..  The desciption edits should not be a big deal.

If this is the companies forward face - it should be top notch..  not outdated..  Just my .02

We know the products are top notch..  But its always good finding new customers to make them part of the family..  This is done through the forums and the website.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 08:30:10 PM by Nra-Life-Member »

Offline Quiet1

• Expert
  • Zen and the art of R9s
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 07:22:38 PM »
Maybe they're just waiting for the R45 so they can completely update the site.  ;D   ;D   ;D

Actually I agree.  It really NEEDS to be updated!
Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Offline Randifer

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 12:36:39 AM »
I agree that the website needs to be updated.  As a potential new customer new to the Rohrbaugh name, i was not impressed at all by the website and actually got the impression that it was so old that they might not even be in business anymore.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 10:50:19 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Randifer.  Wish I had more news on the Rohrbaugh web site update.  However, Rohrbaugh is very much in business, so get yourself this work of art, as you will be certainly pleased.  Use the recommended ammo on this Forum, as the R9 is the Ferrari of pocket pistols.  Another Forum member quoted this and I agree.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 10:51:43 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 12:47:10 PM »
welcome to the forum Randifer, enjoy and post often.

The updated web site is just around the corner, thanks Maria.  

Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 01:35:24 PM »
Excellent!

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 02:20:16 PM »
I just checked and it does not look like anything has changed.  Who would have thought it could have been so hard to make the changes needed to their websight to get rid of the confusion and ill feelings people had about not getting CF grips.  At the very minimum I would think a BOLD FACE note on the page somwhere they could state that CF grips are no longer come on the pistols.  

Come on Rohrbaugh,  get er done!!!!!!

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 08:59:23 AM »
 One of the responsibilities my dept has at my office is to create/maintain our web site. It takes a matter of minutes to fix something as simple as bad text or pics. It may be computer science but not rocket science  ;D. It is possible though that Rohrbaugh has ordered a complete redesign of thier site.  If that is the case it could take months before getting everyone to agree that the final product is what they want.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 11:59:55 AM »
Folks, the web site is being all redone and should come on line in the new look at the end of Dec or the first part of Jan.   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 04:36:59 PM »
Easy guys...

Please keep in mind this is not a big company.  There is no web department, or anyone whose job is to update the website. This responsibility is outsourced.  Further -- Karl and Eric build guns and are not PR/Marketing professionals.  Karl doesn't even have an e-mail account, so I am guessing he is not profficient in HTML.  ;)

The website update is in the works.  Professional photos are being taken of all current models and the whole site is being updated with current info.  I am told it will be on-line by the time of the SHOT Show in late January.

Don't be too hard on the brothers -- they just want to build guns.  They are trying to fullfull all their orders.  The website stuff will all get straightened out.

Luckily, this forum exists for up to the minute information!

Thanks.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com