Author Topic: What's the current wait time for R-9s?  (Read 6481 times)

JimmyD

What's the current wait time for R-9s?
« on: August 15, 2004, 06:08:46 PM »
If I decided to order an R-9s today, how long a wait can I expect to see before I got it?

Also, would I need to pay up front or pay when I receive the pistol?

Thanks,

JD

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
Re: What's the current wait time for R-9s?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 08:21:08 PM »
WELCOME to the Rohrbaugh Forum!  

You will need to have your firearms dealer order the gun for you or one of the ones listed on the Rohrbaugh site.  

Pay half or all up front and there is shipping cost too.  I paid all up front plus shipping.

I do not know the wait.  It will change as orders come in and if there is anything that Rohrbaugh Brothers find that needs tweaking to keep the quality UP.  

We all just pay our money and wait our time... The pistols are a technological masterpiece and the news is getting out.  Whatever the time is now, is likely shorter than it will be later.  

I waited about a year or so for mine, as it was one of the first few.  The wait is probably a few months now but may get much longer as the word gets out more and more.

This is a fine pistol with no competition in my mind.   ;D  It is not a gun for the ordinary person but one that is aimed at the market of those who are quite familiar with fine pistols and want a small, accurate, 9mm, that is the best there currently is...   :o

Read here and see if the Rohrbaugh is what you want.  And, if so, go ahead.  I am glad I got one!!! It was worth the wait and the money, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 08:22:56 PM by Mr_Jody_Hudson »
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 08:38:35 PM »
JimmyD:

There is not much to be added to what Mr. Jody Hudson has just written.

Welcome to the Forum.

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 10:15:51 PM »
Jimmy D,

No one can probably answer that question.  Call the Rohrbaugh factory and ask -- they will give you their best guess.  I would think the wait is at least 3 months.

I am sure there are some dealers out there with R-9s coming for stock -- but you have to hunt them down.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline shelb

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 10:20:05 PM »
Welcome JimmyD!

Hard to tell concerning the wait.....certainly growing longer with more magzine exposure.  I hunted all over the country until I found  a dealer with one in stock, and jumped on it.

If you order from Rohrbaugh, there is a $400 deposit that is refundable should you change your mind.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 10:21:19 PM by shelb »

Offline Craigt

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 10:32:11 PM »
Hello All!

New member here.  Just learned about the R9 two weeks ago when I by chance saw the American Handgunner cover article on the news stand.  Not an in depth article but I knew this was something special.  Then I found your forum.  I am totaly convinced now.  Placed an order last week.  The dealer did not know about it.  My dealer said it would be about 5 months.  

The waiting begins.

Keep up the great work here folks.

Offline shelb

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 11:01:26 PM »
Craigt, welcome to you sir!

Wow.....5 months!  Several more magazine appearances and a movie cameo in the works as well......I bet the wait will grow even more.  :o

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 09:37:42 AM »
The fall and winter is when a lot of guys start to think about guns, since golf and boating seasons are over, and they get to spend more time indoors.

With the gun rags, and later with a appearance in a major motion picture, I have no doubt that the backlog will grow to exceed a year.

Remember the movie Con Air...after it came out, a dealer who I did business with had a slew of inquires about the small auto featured in one scene in the movie (a Seecamp).

We know that a regional FBI demo went well. But if Rohrbaugh can secure agencies like the FBI or DEA to approve the gun, even if they don't buy it, it too will boost sales.

Offline Craigt

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 10:30:40 PM »
Shelb,

Thanks for the welcome.  I am so impressed with all of you folks in this forum.  Been learning a lot about concealed carry as well as the R9 when reading your chats.  Really appreciate all of you sharing your knowledge.  I have carried on and off for 20 years but you all have given me so much to think about.

Keep up the great "work".

Craig T.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2004, 03:50:14 PM »
Well, my *WAIT time* is about two days...It will be *Next Day Air*, this coming Monday !!! ;D :D :o :)  
RJ=

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2004, 05:42:25 PM »
That's tomorrow .... yee-haw!!  I have no doubt RJ - that once it is in your stcky paws you will post as much! ;D
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Jim

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2004, 06:02:43 PM »
Welcome Craight and congrats R.J.  This will be a sleepless night!!!  Mine won't be here until the end of Sept...  Have a great evening.  Jim
Glock 23, previous R9S owner sold due to health problems.  Just enjoy the folks on this forum!!

Offline Jim

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2004, 06:03:32 PM »
Woops, welcome to Jimmy D also.........
Glock 23, previous R9S owner sold due to health problems.  Just enjoy the folks on this forum!!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2004, 09:53:15 PM »
RJ:

That is great news!  Let us know how you like your little masterpiece.

Now, if Mac McDonell at Gemstone would just finish the silver grip project which I commissioned for my R9s, I would also be a happy man.  He informed me this weekend that, after three molds and two separate castings, he was not yet satisfied with the results.  I saw the grips he refused to deliver, and they looked pretty good to me.  Even the Rohrbauth crest was clearly visible.  However, Mac declared them to be "substandard."  So, once again, I removed the carbon fiber grips from my R9s, left them with Mac for a fourth set of molds, and fell back on my venerable G-380 as my concealed weapon.  

The G-380 also sports a pair of Mac's silver grips but, as he remarked, there is no room for any error or shrinkage in grips retained by two screws.  And of course, he is working with the ancient "lost wax" process, not with computerized machining.

I'm glad your wait for the Rohrbaugh is about to end, RJ.  Enjoy it!

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Jim

• Expert
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2004, 04:53:01 PM »
Hi Richard,
Any chance you would be willing to share your grip makers phone number??  Your idea of silver grips with the crest sounds great!!!!  Thanks,  Jim