Author Topic: Just picked up my R9S  (Read 2200 times)

Offline Fud

• Master
Just picked up my R9S
« on: September 23, 2004, 01:34:24 PM »
This is a really nice gun ...

... Has one of the best DAO trigger pulls I've ever experienced (not too lite and not too heavy) -- it's even better than the trigger found on the Kahr's -- which many claim to be the best in the industry (now they are the second best with Rohrbaugh taking the top spot. Plus, the R9S has a repeat striker capability which is lacking on many DAO models.

Yep, this is one fine gun!

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
Re: Just picked up my R9S
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 11:11:23 PM »
Congratulations!

It looks like you are running every other bullet of first one and then another kind.  Are they alternating full metal jacket and Gold Dot Hollow point? Kindly explain which cartridges you use, if you will.

For me, I believe the butter smooth trigger is what causes this fine little pistol to be so unbelievably accurate. ;D
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Offline Fud

• Master
Re: Just picked up my R9S
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 01:01:03 AM »
Thank you. Waited over a year for this gun but finally have it in my possession.

That is indeed correct. Gold Dot Hollow Points alternated with FMJ every other round. Where I live, four-legged creatures are just as much a concern as two-legged ones. Since I don't know what's going to happen when, I alternate the ammo ever other round -- HPs for humans and FMJs for non-humans.

Plus, I'm sure the FMJs will not be totally wasted on two-legged creatures since that is what our military uses AND HPs will still have some effect on four-legged animals.

I do this with all of my guns in all of the calibers that I own.