Author Topic: What gun (any make, any caliber) is the same size?  (Read 3276 times)

Offline Fud

• Master
What gun (any make, any caliber) is the same size?
« on: September 26, 2004, 05:16:28 AM »
What gun of any make and any caliber is the same size as the R9?

I want to buy a Triple-K wallet holster but I'm not sure which one will give me the best fit for my R9S.

Out of the models listed in the scroll down windows which one do you think is closest in size to the R9S and will fit the best?

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
Re: What gun (any make, any caliber) is the same s
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 08:50:54 AM »
I don't think you will be satisfied with any of those sizes.  

Go to the top of the page banner ad and click on the holsters, here, and see if you like one of the pocket holsters.  These are made for the Rohrbaugh.  The only gun I know of that is close... is the Keltec P3AT.
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 09:52:55 AM »
I tried to navigate that Triple K site...  The only wallet holster I saw was under "Law Enforcement" -- and there is a reason for that.  The one I saw with the exposed trigger is a regulated "Any Other Weapon" or "AOW" by the ATF and requires all kinds of red tape to buy if you are not a LEO.

None of the guns listed are going to be satisfactory to you.

I too suggest you look at K&D's wallet holsters: www.kdholsters.com.  Kevin will work with you to make any changes you may desire that are permitted by law.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 12:20:31 PM »
Did you follow my link and see this one ...

... I don't think there would be any legal problems with having that one. I just don't know which one to get.

I already tried this one  ...

... from www.kdholsters.com but it doesn't hide the shape of the gun well.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 12:40:27 PM by Fud »

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 01:44:51 PM »
I'm a confirmed holster junkie. Over the years I have had maybe 6 Triple-K holsters. They are fine for occasional use. But, l would pass on the pocket holster.

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2004, 03:07:18 PM »
I have purchased only one Triple-K holster, and I tossed it.  It was a piece of garbege that fit fine when not being worn on a belt, but became too tight to withdraw the gun at all once put on a belt.  Another friend bought a Triple-K shoulder holster, and had similar problems.

A holster won't function properly if it is made for a similar-sized gun.  It has to be made for the make and model you have.  The only exceptions are open-muzzle holsters holding a different model from the same manufacturer, that is identical in all respects other than barrel length and grip size.

In a pocket holster, you really want Ron Graham, R. J. Hedley, or K&D.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2004, 04:53:33 PM »
Actually, I only tried the top link and it didnt take me to that holster.  Now I see it.  I was looking at the "thin line" or something like that -- with exposed trigger.  Obviously the one you are looking at is fine.

None of the guns listed will fit properly.

It sounds like you tried a K&D Pocket Defender.  How any pocket holster prints has a lot to do with the size of your pants and pockets and the "tightness" of the pocket with the holster inside.  

The only way to eliminate a gun outline print entirely is to use a back-pocket type concealment flap.  Kevin at K&D and R.J. Hedley both make holsters of this type.  Kevin's has a snap-off anti-print panel available.   Back pocket type holsters are a little bulkier -- and will still print -- they just look more like a square shape.

If you don't like your Pocket Defender, I am sure Kevin will work with you.  Heck -- if you really want a plain jane holster with no wet mold to it -- like the Triple K -- I am sure he could do it for you.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline pocketman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 10:21:51 PM »
I did not look at the tripplek site but the colt pony/mustang 380 are very close in size and a generic holster (not heavy boned) for the little colt works with the R9