Author Topic: Taurus Curve  (Read 5365 times)

Offline Phsimone

• Master
Taurus Curve
« on: November 23, 2014, 11:52:08 AM »
Has anyone seen the Taurus Curve 380? Interesting looking gadget. Not of interest to me, but maybe to some.

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
Re: Taurus Curve
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 12:11:01 PM »
Interesting, but not for me.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 12:23:19 PM »
One has to give credit to Taurus and Keltec for coming up with new and innovative  ideas.

I don't think I am running out to get one either though.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 10:31:13 PM »
Interesting new piece.

Never was into Taurus except for a judge once. Looks like the future of a carry pistol in the making. Mix some other companies to the mix and this could get interesting.

One cool thing is that this one is American made.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 07:07:26 PM »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 07:13:32 PM »
Am I seeing things or is the grip actually curved?
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 07:26:24 PM »
The genius of Taurus is that some unsuspecting perps will mistake this for a flare gun.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 08:03:06 PM »
Am I alone in thinking that this thing is as ugly as homemade sin?   :o

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=taurus+curve+.380&id=764EA1D429CADDD0FCDCC0AFD47838C616A75F67&FORM=IQFRBA

Agreed Richard. This thing has little in the way of classic or styling.

I think IF parts of the concept stick,  companies with a real way of making a firearm look good in addition to making a firearm functional will help it morph into the future. At this point I would call it very utilitarian. 

Who knows. May just fizzle.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:32:18 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 10:59:55 PM »
I agree with you Richard, it is about the ugliest weapon I have ever seen. Looking at the link you shared even the specific parts look like they were hobbled together by a inebriated shoe maker. Even the magazine appears to be put together from a parts bin. Beyond that it does not appear to be designed in a way which provides the shooter the well thought out. ergonomically designed and engineered tool that performs in the manner which would protect ones life. It looks so uncomfortable, impossible to maintain a grip and point naturally.
Cannot wait to see a few reviews, should be interesting. I was never a big fan of Taurus, although the make some decent guns, but this to me shows someone was given a little to much leeway.

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 10:54:03 PM »
A seriously bizarre little pistol, but it DOES have an integral light and laser.  I'll have to see how one feels in my hand.
I'm not a fan of .380 ACP, but did carry a NAA Defender for a year or so until I bought my R9S in 2005.
Wow! Its 10-year anniversary is coming up.  Carried daily and it still looks like new.  I sure hope the new owners don't screw up the R9!!

Online backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 10:35:27 AM »
Why in the world would you need a light and laser on a point-and-shoot belly gun in a mouse gun caliber barely sufficient for that task at 10 feet?  Seems like the added weight, bulk, complexity would simply complicate the convenience of carry and the act of defense, ie: do you identify the target, point and shoot, or, instead, do you identify the target, point, identify the laser dot, center it, concentrate on keeping it centered, then shoot?  I agree with Sir Richard; laser and light on the big pistols makes sense, but even then only for use in the dark IMO.  The KISS principle would seem applicable here....but, hey, maybe it works better on a bent gun.   :o  :o  :o
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis