Author Topic: Pup pics  (Read 2790 times)

Offline Griff

• Expert
Pup pics
« on: October 12, 2012, 06:40:53 PM »
Here are the pictures of my First R9.  The holster is from K.C. Gun Leather in Anniston, Alabama.  It was made for the Ruger LCP, but fits perfectly.  It is unlined, smooth inside, and rough outside.  All hand stitched.
I have disassembled the little dude thrice, without any problems, and put the spring assembly in, using the pliers method, no problem, but the recoil spring rod wants to stay forward, and then pops in when the slide is pulled all the way back.  Is this normal?
Thanks, and oh yeah...Roll Tide.
Griff
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline Griff

• Expert
Re: Pup pics
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 06:53:51 PM »
I tried to post the unholstered picture in the original post above, but it said the file was too big with both images, so here it is.

Griff
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 11:13:12 AM »
I have disassembled the little dude thrice, without any problems, and put the spring assembly in, using the pliers method, no problem, but the recoil spring rod wants to stay forward, and then pops in when the slide is pulled all the way back.  Is this normal?
Thanks, and oh yeah...Roll Tide.
Griff

Griff:

I suspect the cause of the guide rod's occasional tendency during reassembly to remain extended through the end cup until the slide is retracted is that on such occasions the recoil assembly is not centered exactly (both vertically and horizontally) in the slide when the barrel pin is inserted. Retracting the slide in such cases causes the assembly to slip into proper position.

And oh yeah...Go Vols.   ;D

Edit: Corrected error in composition.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:48:55 PM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 12:03:24 PM »
Richard,

That sounds like the answer.
  In that case, I guess I should have readjusted the recoil assembly instead of forcing it to slip into place by racking the slide.

Thank you for your well worded explanation.
- C. S. Lewis