Author Topic: 2nd range trip w/r9s stealth  (Read 3921 times)

Offline bluegun

• Sharpshooter
2nd range trip w/r9s stealth
« on: April 02, 2008, 11:04:42 PM »
i posted my first range experience on the general pistol thread, 'cause i hadn't noticed this area yet.

for those of you who (unbelievably) haven't read that post, i purchased an r9s stealth recently and have, prior to this thread, run 100 rounds of hardball through it.  i experienced failure to feed the FIRST round in a number of instances, and no other problems.  as i say, i was shooting fully conical ammo, and initially i got first round "half-feeds."

as soon as i pulled my head out of my ---, and started paying attention to the seating of the top round in the magazine, everything was kosher for the entire string.  no problems of any kind, and, by gum, the sights actually helped me hit my target!  (as tom -- irishguard -- and others pointed out in my original post -- maybe a TRUNCATED cone ammo might have helped).  duh.  it cured everything.

today i went out for a brief shoot with the pup.  i was concentrating on my new naa guardian in .32naa, but i wanted to make sure that the pup was happy with silvertips.  was it?!  it was, without exception.  it liked every one of the 36 silvertips (at the range, i shoot, for sentimental reasons, 6 at a time) i fed it.  so smooth.  so fun.  so accurate (for a little guy).  i LOVE shooting the r9s (with grip tape).  it's so much fun to have a hand full of lightning in a tiny package.  have i mentioned i also find it dead sexy?  i'm sure i will get many more womens carrying around such a pistol -- but don't tell my wife.

this is my third rohrbaugh.  i sold a fairly early r9 and r9s in weak moments (but to friends, so at least i made them happy).  i have literally never had a problem that wasn't totally my fault.  i want to reassure all you newbies that you CAN have a perfect experience with the rohrbaugh.  watch your ammo.  keep it clean.  shoot it judiciously.  pet it from time to time.  you'll be very happy.

summary:  7 yards.  every single round (of 36) within 3 inches of where i wanted it.  no malfunctions of any kind.  i love this gun.

michael hildebrand
juneau, alaska

ccoorreeyy

Re: 2nd range trip w/r9s stealth
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 11:21:05 PM »
Great range report!  Thanks for sharing.  How did you like that naa?

Offline bluegun

• Sharpshooter
Re: 2nd range trip w/r9s stealth
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 11:33:00 PM »
i'm going to write it up and put it in "other guns."  talk about "pocket rockets !!!"  (still not a rohrbaugh).