Author Topic: Anyone own the different color Ruger's, Charter Arms, and a few others?  (Read 2339 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
There is a 'fad' the last few years of gun companies offering pink, lime green, blue, and paint splattered frames. I personally am not a big fan of the pastel weapons but I guess people must be buying them. Anyone have one?
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
I've got a few colored firearms.  FNP-45 Tactical is in desert tan.  Also got a Mossberg MVP rifle in a tan color from the factory.  My FAL has a camouflage finish as does a CZ shotgun.

Not into the zombie or marketed-to-women color schemes, however I don't fault those that are. 

I am considering a Texas Flag themed paint job for my .300 BLK rifle.

Glad to see the creativity coming out with some in their firearms overall appearance.  Whatever makes firearms more appealing to more people I see as a positive.  So, for me, if you want to make your firearm a work of art, whether by engraving, inlaying, painting, coating, hydrodipping, color case hardening, damascus parts, etc. go for it.

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
I am not a fan of the bright colored weapons but to each their own.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
I got a red threaded barrel Ruger 22/45 Lite to use with my new Sig Sauer SRD22X suppressor.  My wife wants to go to the range to learn to shoot, so I figured I would get a small caliber, can, and a pretty color to get her started.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Thanks Phil for that picture, it reminded me that I had put together a pistol real close to that one for my niece years ago.  It was her first handgun and she learned to shoot with it.

Got a Ruger MKII, changed out the barrel/receiver to a Packlite one.  Swapped out the plastic grips to red aluminum and even found some magazines with a red Ruger logo.  The pistol is a lot lighter than the original configuration, shoots great and is still one of her favorites.