Author Topic: Just got mine!!  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Emjimb

Just got mine!!
« on: September 19, 2005, 08:49:11 PM »
Hello,
   just got my new r9 and found this great forum -hope to get out tomorrow for some range time -already ordered my pocket holster and pearce grip extensions -after shooting I will advise -spoke today w/Karl R. he suggested to run maybe 30-50 rounds ....clean it and carry -do you have to clean it with such low use???? Thanks
   Oh,has anyone used the BORE Snake -it looks great and easy ?

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
Re: Just got mine!!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 09:45:48 PM »
Emjimb,

Welcome to the forum.

Glad to hear you have the new R9.  You are at the right place, to meet all the fine R9 owners.

I'm just coming up on my first 50 rounds, and the gun will receive its first cleaning at that time.

Never tried the Bore Snake.  I've spent tons of money on cleaning kits (really cheap ones), and finally decided to get the Otis kit which does both rifles and pistols.  It contains unique patches with multiple slots, such that one patch fits all when you fold them a certain way.

Welcome, again.

Bill

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 09:48:15 PM »
Emjimb, Welcome to the forum. You will enjoy posting and reading all the great info here on your new pup.
I would follow Karl's suggestion. Give us a range report, when you can.      Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 10:14:22 PM »
Welcome to the Forum!!!

A LOT of info on R9 is available here..

Great spot to start is http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/rohrbaugh/

Chris has done a lot of work on this..

Welcome again and enjoy the pup!!! 8)

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 10:22:49 PM »
Emjimb,

Let me also welcome you to the forum.  I highly agree with Brenden.  Go to Chris's (R9SCARRY) site and learn.  Let us know how it shoots.  If you been reading the posts you will see the recommended ammo.
Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 08:24:23 AM »
Emjimb:

Welcome to the Forum.

As for cleaning, I am one of those obsessive/compulsive types who cleans a pistol after every trip to the range, regardless of the number of rounds fired.  Old habits die hard.

I use a Bore Snake on long guns but not on pistols or revolvers.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 12:00:41 PM »
Congrats,

I sit and wait patiently for the time when I'll be able to get my hands on the pup that I ordered.  
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

- Rabbi Menachem Morgenstern