Author Topic: New Guy from Indy  (Read 3774 times)

Offline Colonel_D

• Retired 30 yr Military Officer & Helicopter Pilot
New Guy from Indy
« on: February 04, 2011, 04:07:56 PM »
Hi all. I just found this forum today and registered. Looking forward to learning much more about my new pocket gun than what I had previously found on the web.

I picked up my R9s Stealth yesterday and am very happy to have found it. I have had a carry permit since '72, and have carried many different handguns over the last 39 years. I carry every day, and my favorite pocket gun over the past year has been my S&W 340PD AirLite .357 magnum. While the Stealth is a little heavier than the 340, it will replace it for every day carry. It's nice to have the option between what I consider to be the best two pocket guns available.  

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 11:58:41 AM by Colonel_D »

Offline dano

• Expert
Re: New Guy from Indy
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 04:20:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum! I just checked your pic link, you can do the same by right clicking on the picture and pasting in a new browser window. It appears that the link is bad or the image has been moved. Congrats on the new R9!  ;D

Danny
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:21:43 PM by dano »
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 04:51:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Dont feel bad i havent posted pictures eithor.

DANO has posted how to put pictures in your posts.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 05:18:09 PM »
Colonel_D.  Welcome to the Forum and congrats on getting the Stealth; also, nice ride you have there.

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 11:52:05 PM »
Welcome to the group and congratulations on getting the pup.
  I just got another 340 PD a week ago, I had a 340 SS Talo a while back but sold it and felt the need to replace it.  ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 10:22:35 AM »
DANO has posted how to put pictures in your posts.
Yes I did. Here is the thread: http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Water;action=display;num=1296781148
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 11:30:29 AM »
Thank you dano. I'll give it a try next week.

Offline Colonel_D

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 11:51:59 AM »
Welcome to the forum! I just checked your pic link, you can do the same by right clicking on the picture and pasting in a new browser window. It appears that the link is bad or the image has been moved. Congrats on the new R9!  ;D

Danny

Thanks, but the link is not bad, I've posted the same pic in other forums (Corvette Forum and Indiana Gun Owners Forum). It's just not coming up in here.

Edit: Just resolved the issue. When I copy the IMG link from Photobucket, the placeholder uses uppercase [IMG], but when I change to lower case for this forum [img], it posts okay. Very strange. The several other forums I use post okay with the uppercase. Strange     ::)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:01:51 PM by Colonel_D »

Offline Colonel_D

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 12:03:17 PM »
Thanks to all for your warm welcome. There's a lot of good information in here.