Author Topic: New R9S Models: Coyote, Covert, Custom & Tribute  (Read 13020 times)

Offline Full Circle

New R9S Models: Coyote, Covert, Custom & Tribute
« on: February 17, 2012, 02:56:21 PM »
I received photos of the new models and they are outrageously great looking.  See attached photos of the Coyote and Tribute versions of the R9S.  I also have a photo of the Custom, but Forum size limitations come into play.  The price list shows the Coyote, Custom and Covert at $1,795.  The Tribute is shown at $1,395.  I was able to locate a new R9S at a local gunshop so bought it ($1,299), rather than try to talk myself into waiting for the new models to come out and rationalize some way to pay the extra $500 for the Coyote.  I would have bought the Tribute, for the extra $200, in a New York Second.  I'm very happy with my "plain" R9S, by the way.  A well designed and well crafted piece of work. 

Offline Full Circle

Re: New R9S Models: Coyote, Covert, Custom & Tribute
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:03:33 PM »
Photos of the new Custom and Tribute R9S models attached.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:11:36 PM »
Full Circle, thanks for sending.  I hadn't seen these with good pictures.  Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new R9...they are a blast and the most comfortable carry you can imagine,,,more compact and discreet than the Boberg and other compacts, more powerful with a better feel on your hip than a Seecamp (which I also love, but it's a better pocket pistol IMO).  Keep posting and show pictures. 
John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:02:55 PM »
I'd like more information on these pistols.

Is that Cerakote or some other kind of coating on the "Custom" ? 

Also is the frame on the tribute just anodized aluminum?

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 04:10:03 PM »

best pixs yet. thnx!
if it isn't a rohrbaugh, its too darn big

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 06:02:18 PM »
I received photos of the new models and they are outrageously great looking.  See attached photos of the Coyote and Tribute versions of the R9S.  I also have a photo of the Custom, but Forum size limitations come into play.  The price list shows the Coyote, Custom and Covert at $1,795.  The Tribute is shown at $1,395.  I was able to locate a new R9S at a local gunshop so bought it ($1,299), rather than try to talk myself into waiting for the new models to come out and rationalize some way to pay the extra $500 for the Coyote.  I would have bought the Tribute, for the extra $200, in a New York Second.  I'm very happy with my "plain" R9S, by the way.  A well designed and well crafted piece of work.

Full Circle.  Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the new R9S.  Enjoy!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Full Circle

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 06:36:38 PM »
You have a great forum going.  Happy to join up.  The photos came to me direct from Rohrbaugh, which explains why they good photos.  I have the full pixel versions on my computer but the forum attachment limit is woefullly small.  If any of you want to see the higher quality photos let me know how to get them to you (digitally of course) and i'll be happy to send them along.  I could be wrong, very possible, but i think the new R9 versions are mechanically indentical to the standard versions.  But then, what's a nice angelfood cake without the whipped cream and strawberry "icing?"  BTW i bought the R9 because there were so many places i was uncomfortable carryying (OWB) my Kimber 45 Ultra Raptor II.  This great R9 is the ideal pocket gun.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 10:46:33 PM »
Full Circle, welcome to the group. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 12:52:58 PM »
     Full Circle, welcome to a great forum and the greatist bunch of people anywhere!!      Gene
birdman

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 08:49:02 PM »
Is that Cerakote or some other kind of coating on the "Custom" ? 

Also is the frame on the tribute just anodized aluminum?

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 10:43:07 PM »
Just a guess but I would say it is Cerakote, seems to be the most popular colored coating available.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 07:17:54 AM »
I am liking the Coyote more and more! :)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 11:37:30 AM »
It's growing on me as well!     :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 01:08:50 PM »
I will wait until my Tribute Edition arrives before ordering a Coyote though! :)

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 10:22:25 AM »
I've said before that I'd like to have a Rohrbaugh in NP3+

Mainly for the increased lubricity, which I think helps functionality and reliability, but it also makes it easier to clean.  It also makes it possible to use hi-tech lubricants like Krytox that have little corrosion resistant properties but are more "pure" lubricants (not protectants).

Robar has to strip off any coating that is on the pistol first and I think they charge $25 and up for it - depending.

It looks like the Tribute Model is just stainless steel on anodized aluminum, so if that's true, that would be the model that I'd want to purchase to send to Robar.

On the other hand, if there is a price markup on the Tribute model that exceeds the cost for Robar to strip the black coating off the standard model then it doesn't make sense to get the Tribute.