Author Topic: Rohrbaugh service  (Read 4569 times)

Offline jimacp

• Sharpshooter
Rohrbaugh service
« on: August 30, 2004, 09:04:21 PM »
Ordered an extra magazine, grip screws, newer pin and recoil spring by email. In other words, not a big order. So imagine my surprise when my home phone rings and its Eric asking how I like the gun and giving me information on my order. Can't beat customer service like that. Thanks Eric!

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Rohrbaugh service
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 09:32:43 PM »
Jim - this man (and Karl) is dedicated to his customer base .. he is genuinely interested in how we get on with the gun .... and despite such a demanding schedule .. makes time to carry this out.

It is remarkable .... and I applaud him.  Wish there were more like him.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline jimacp

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 09:52:53 PM »
R9Carry......I agree.....I am very impressed.....I know a few people have had minor problems which Rohrbaugh has taken care of immediately....personally, I now have 600 rounds with ZERO malfunctions of ANY kind....cant beat such personal service combined with quality product!   By the way, just bought a 4 inch S&W model 29-5, nickel.. Will be buying ctc grips soon. I know you like that combo..I do too

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 09:50:03 AM »
In the hopefully, unlikely event of a Rohrbaugh Firearm failure,  how is the best way to return firearm to the factory.

I think a FFL can send firearm through the USPS *Priority Mail*, very cheaply.

Can anyone speak on this ?
RJ=

Offline doctordun

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 10:38:40 AM »
I have sent two firearms. One to S&W and one to Rohrbaugh. The Smith went overnight Fedex and the R9, overnight US mail.(INSURED) You don't need a FFL to return a firearm to the factory and they don't need one to return it to you

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 11:02:08 AM »
I have sent a gun to S&W with Fedex, insured, but it was $35..

What did the USPS cost?
RJ=

Offline shooterjb

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 11:07:21 AM »
Hi doctordun,

Only an FFL holder can ship a gun via US mail. Individuals must ship them either overnight UPS or Fedex.

Frank

Offline doctordun

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 11:17:20 AM »
Well I guess I'm lucky. I went to the post office, declared and insured the contents. It has to go overnight. The postoffice did not have any problems and Eric told me to use them. I believe the restriction is that it has to be going  back to the factory.
If I recall, with overnight and insurance, it was between $30 and $35.

Offline shelb

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2004, 11:29:35 AM »
Sent mine UPS next day insured....was around $40 if I remember correctly.  I think next day insured is your only option when shipping firearms.

In my scenario, the return shipment of my R9S is coming to an FFL because it is a new gun.....otherwise it could come back to your home address.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 11:30:09 AM by shelb »

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2004, 02:09:22 PM »
[size=13] By the way, just bought a 4 inch S&W model 29-5, nickel.. Will be buying ctc grips soon. I know you like that combo..I do too[/size]

Jim .... yes indeed, I think you'll find this an excellent combination.  I'd have liked a blued 29 but this 629 ''came up'' (ahemm! Weak will got better of me!!).

The grips, whether on J frame or N frame ... to me, are the cat's miaow.  They feel good for shooting and of course, the bonus of the dot once light reduced a bit.  I do find too many hot loads tend to become a tad uncomfortable but ... I have a 44 spl load I used to make up and this will I think be something I'll make some more of .... accurate but not too punishing.

Enjoy.

Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2004, 02:09:33 PM »
I haven't had to return my Rohrbaugh, and don't expect to, but for repair I've always shipped to the factories by Fedex. And I've always shipped on a Monday. I think this gives a better chance of having the package delivered without any weekend layovers where the box could be scrutinized and stolen.

I think mailing anything to an address which has "Firearms" in the title is a "Steal Me" sign, and I always list the contents as machine parts. So far I haven't lost a firearm, although UPS did completely lose a parcel I sent with Christmas presents in it last year.   :'(

Offline shooterjb

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2004, 07:28:27 PM »
Hi doctordun,

No disrespect intended, but I am not guessing about the US mail thing. When you shipped your R9S US mail you were lucky. I just wanted to let everyone know that you could have your gun confiscated and get into a pretty good jam shipping US mail without an FFL.

Frank