Author Topic: What does come with the R9  (Read 4285 times)

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
What does come with the R9
« on: December 17, 2004, 06:11:11 PM »
I'm just wondering what actually comes with the pistol from the factory. One or two Mags? Spare recoil spring?

I did a search, came up empty.
I read recently the TEST R9 was shipped with only one magazine.
Thanks

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
Re: What does come with the R9
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 07:15:22 PM »
Mine had two mags and a spare recoil spring.
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
http://www.rohrbaughRe: What does come with the R9
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 10:53:34 PM »
Each gun comes with a lockable hard plastic case, two mags, a spare recoil spring, and a cable lock.

You can see a picture of it all in my review:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/ccm_r9.pdf
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 10:31:08 AM »
Thanks guys. I do remember seeing a photo of the whole kit. I just couldn't remember where, and I did read DDGator's review, and visit to the factory a long time ago.

Just recently my group read a report in an old (August) edition of ,maybe, Gun Review,? but I'm not sure right now. It was reported only one magazine was sent with their test gun.

Offline Calvin Cooledge

• Expert
Funny you should ask...
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 03:59:37 PM »
You know, I was just thinking about this last night. SOME dealers take one of the mags out of the standard kit, and try to sell it to you as a spare.

Ain't that unethical?

Can the Bros. R do anything about it?

Ethical Merman
"I'm spreading my loyalty around..." - Calvin Cooledge

Offline Ratzo

• Forum Contributor
  • Expert
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 05:10:41 PM »
Not only UNETHICAL but ILLEGAL, if anyone knows of a Dealer they should be turned in to Rohrbaugh and they can go after them Civil and Prosecute to have there License revoked.

We have enough Bums in the World as it is. 8)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 01:55:09 AM »
The Gun Test guys, who claim to buy their guns, actually got their test gun from Rohrbaugh as a loaner.   The loaner only came with one mag, and their "research" apparently didn't disclose the fact that the gun comes with two...

I don't see how it could be illegal for a dealer to take out a mag and sell it separately -- but I wouldn't want to do business with someone who does.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline Ratzo

• Forum Contributor
  • Expert
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2004, 09:20:13 AM »
DD Gater

When a gun is taken across a State line this can come into Federal Law, and what could make it Illegal is the way the dealer present it for sale,and also the state could say something, just Depends how the dealer(Present it For sale).

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2004, 01:49:09 PM »
I haven't researched this, but my initial impression is:

A person ordering a Rohrbaugh expects the gun to come with what it usually comes with from the factory, and has contracted for this when they place their order.  For a distributor or dealer to then remove part of what the customer paid for from the package, and try to sell it to the customer separately would be breach of contract at best and fraud at worst.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2004, 07:48:48 PM »
I am so happy that I have a dealer that I can trust. He is buying the R9s direct from the factory,( I don't think they have a distributership).
He's getting an R9 for himself anyway, and no doubt we , the group, will all be there together when the R9s arrive.Hey, plus now because of this post, we all know what to expect in the R9 package.

May get the LUBE too though.
Well, its almost 2005, and that is what year our R9s are due, ahhh, can't wait.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2004, 10:39:00 PM »
We are splitting fine legal hairs here (which is fine -- some people make a nice living doing just that  ;) ), but I still don't see any way it is illegal.

If your dealer is just acting as your agent in a cost + type arrangement to order a gun -- it may be a breach of contract, but that is a different story.

I am not sure any dealers are really doing this with Rohrbaughs -- there is just not a hot secondary market for mags and things.  Now, I am sure that dealers were doing this with standard cap mags -- like the CZ-75B Military over-run guns that were being shipped as late as a year or two ago with a Clinton mag and a standard mag.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2004, 08:06:15 AM »
There was much talk about dealers taking the two Hi-Cap Glock mags out of the box, and replacing it with one, or two ten round mags. You are right, that goes back ten years ago at the onset of the AWB.
I do remember all that....glad that's over now, well at least for now.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2004, 08:42:49 AM »
I am still getting the details, but I understand there is a new bill in the works that would re-establish the AWB and call for the surrender/destruction of the banned items.  Ouch.  We better start watching this one early.
Duane (DDGator)

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2004, 10:49:50 AM »
I agree we had better be vigilant, but no need to start losing sleep.  Gun control isn't going anywhere in the present congress, and even a few states that presently have very restrictive laws are now looking at loosening up those laws.  A better use of our efforts would be proactively trying to get some laws repealed or revised more in our favor, now that it should be easier to do, rather than simply reacting to what the other side does.

Whether removing the magazines amounts to breach of contract or fraud would depend on the specific agreements between the various parties.  Ordinarily, however, I would think that when you order a gun from a manufacturer, you are ordering and paying for everything that comes with it.

Now that I've been alerted to the problem, if/when I order a Rohrbaugh, I'll make sure it is quite clear what I am ordering.

I remember the full-capacity magazines (not high-capacity, but full capacity  ;) ) being removed and re-sold.  Some manufacturers got around the problem by including a voucher entitling the retail purchaser to those magazines instead of including the magazines themselves.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.