Author Topic: What I've learned owning an R9 for 4+ years...  (Read 1639 times)

Offline steve1147

• It was NEVER suppossed to end like this!!!
What I've learned owning an R9 for 4+ years...
« on: October 09, 2009, 08:35:27 PM »
My first cc gun, a s&w stainless/hammerless 357 j-frame feels like a pocket full of fishing sinkers.
My "sub-compact" Glock model 30 is like carrying an anvil around.
I carry the R9 either in pocket, cargo shorts pocket, or an ankle holster and hardly notice it's there, and no-one else does either.
I gave-up on reloading rounds for this gun. It's way too particular. Shoot ONLY recommended factory loaded ammo.
I clean it after every clip fired, and fire maybe one clip per month. AND cleaning this is not like the Glock or S&W or Ruger, no simple and fast swabbing of the barrell and wipe-down. You get down to details and spend some loving time with it. Make it perfect, clean well all slide areas and grooves, the chamber especially, then lightly oil all points recommended in the manual, I use a Q-tip dipped once in gun oil to swab all recommended areas, then wipe off the excess with the other dry end of the same Q-tip.
Disassembly/reassembly is a piece of cake once you learn it. No tools are needed except a paper clip or other small item.
After I clean it, I go out and fire ONE round through it to verify my reassembly (Silvertip), then comfortably carry it for a while agian, confident it's there, unassuming and unnoticeable untill needed.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: What I've learned owning an R9 for 4+ years...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 08:41:22 PM »
Excellent!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: What I've learned owning an R9 for 4+ years...
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 11:27:26 PM »
Sounds like a pretty good routine to follow.
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson