Author Topic: What does PUP mean? Just curious  (Read 3797 times)

Offline fc2462

What does PUP mean? Just curious
« on: April 30, 2013, 10:36:57 AM »
Hi all,

New member here and new R9 owner as well.  I've been reading the forums and wondering why everyone is referring to their R9 as a "PUP"?

Does that stand for something?  I'm just curious and trying to assimilate the lingo.   8)

Thanks,
Frank

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: What does PUP mean? Just curious
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 10:45:09 AM »

It is just a term of endearment with nothing else hidden in it. One of the earliest forum members coined the word to describe the small size and loud bark of the R9 and it has been unofficially adopted through common usage.

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 11:39:27 AM »
It may not have been intended, but I make a motion that it be brought to a vote to formally adopt the term "PUP" to stand for "Perfect Undercover Pistol."  I know we have some brilliant legal minds available to take care of the details.
or maybe...Practically Undetectable Pocketrocket?

Griff 8)
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 12:05:37 PM »
I know we have some brilliant legal minds available to take care of the details.

cough.....Richard S.....cough
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 06:07:08 PM »
I've seen this question asked a few times, and it's a very legitimate question.  FC, welcome to a great forum.  And I agree with Griff (welcome to you as well), that Perfect Undercover Pistol is a good one....
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 11:48:10 PM »
Thank you Toad Warrior for the warm welcome, and I agree with you that the question is legitimate and that this is a fine group.
Welcome and congrats to you Frank. May you enjoy many walks with your pup, and never need to show it's teeth.
Griff
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 10:39:29 AM »
I know we have some brilliant legal minds available to take care of the details.

cough.....Richard S.....cough

Rumor has it that he's comfortably retired on the banks of Critter Creek.  ;)

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"