Author Topic: If you didn't have a Rohrbaugh  (Read 5323 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
If you didn't have a Rohrbaugh
« on: February 24, 2017, 09:57:26 AM »
If you didn't carry a Rohrbaugh what would your first choice be?

PLEASE lets TRY to stay on topic and refrain from the 'smart' remarks that seem to follow a lot of posts. Thanks

kevinqjhps
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline MICHPATRIOT

• Expert
Re: If you didn't have a Rohrbaugh
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 05:12:13 PM »
If forced to do without the best i'd have to settle on my other...S&W 340 MP ;) with 135gr Gold Dots in .357 :o

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 07:40:59 PM »
Here we go . . . . . I actually like to carry my 1965 Charter Arms 3" blued and bobbed .44 Spl. "Bulldog".  ;)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 08:01:33 PM »
Here we go . . . . . I actually like to carry my 1965 Charter Arms 3" blued and bobbed .44 Spl. "Bulldog".  ;)

Looking down the barrel of that .44 will usually change a lot of attitudes. The .44 mag is a bit much, shooting wise. The .44 special is mild as can be. The " Bulldog" is still a very popular weapon. They almost NEVER appear at gun shows, I hit 2-3 a month and can't find a clean one to buy.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:07:09 PM by kevinqjhps »
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline mz368

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 10:14:07 AM »

I agree Eric.  Unfortunately foe me I sold mine years ago.  Probably would go with the 45 ACP version if I were to do it today.

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 05:48:57 PM »
I carry the Ruger LCS9 Pro when the R9 is taking a break.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 06:17:09 PM »
Some good choices, but looks like they are still second fiddle to the Rohrbaugh R9
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 06:12:44 PM »
Some good choices, but looks like they are still second fiddle to the Rohrbaugh R9

Ha haa . . . . . . Thank You Kevin!
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 07:21:08 PM »

Looking down the barrel of that .44 will usually change a lot of attitudes. The .44 mag is a bit much, shooting wise. The .44 special is mild as can be. The " Bulldog" is still a very popular weapon. They almost NEVER appear at gun shows, I hit 2-3 a month and can't find a clean one to buy.

Ha haa. . . . yes, I have pointed the "Bulldog" at a mirror (unloaded of course) in one hand and my S&W model 36 in the other and yes Kevin. . . . The Bulldog definitely has that "Oh Shit" look going for it when seen from the business end along with being a .44 instead of the .38 spl. I used the carry the Bulldog back in the early 1980s all the time. I had 4 of them recently and sold them off. I kept the first year production in blue because of it's vintage. I have the hammer "Bobbed" and it resides with a set of Pachmayr rubber grips. Love it!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 07:22:54 PM »
Just a few more. Anyway. . . . I have this hidden as one of my home invasion defense handguns. I group about 3" with this double action at 7 yards, and I'm very happy with that. Not bad for an old guy.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 07:24:41 PM by ECR »

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 06:23:26 PM »
Just a few more. Anyway. . . . I have this hidden as one of my home invasion defense handguns. I group about 3" with this double action at 7 yards, and I'm very happy with that. Not bad for an old guy.

VERY nice piece.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 10:36:31 PM »
Thank you Kevin. . . . . . It's nothing but a "Business Gun".  ;-)