Author Topic: OK. Let it fly!  (Read 5086 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
OK. Let it fly!
« on: February 25, 2017, 09:37:06 AM »
I have two Astra Cubs, the Colt Junior model. One in .25 and one in .22 short. I am thinning out a 40+ year gun collection so I have a bit of play money left. I picked up a spare barrel for the .22 short and want a gunsmith to cut it down, weld it on, and thread it. I have a .22 Warlock 2 and was thinking this would be a crazy build and as quiet as a mouse fart.

Ant thoughts, other than I am nuts? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o 
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: OK. Let it fly!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 09:54:23 AM »

Just my opinion, but I would say you're nuts!

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 07:21:04 PM »

Just my opinion, but I would say you're nuts!

Come on MRC. Quit beating around the bush and tell me what you really think. ;D ;D ;D  Practical? NO. Not at all. Useful? NO. Not at all. Waste of money? YES.

It does sound like a fun project THOUGH, IF I can find someone wHo weld the barrel. Cutting and threading I have covered but haven't asked anyone yet about the weld. It's not like a 458 rifle, it's a gun for SMALL mice. 
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 07:29:12 PM »
Kevin, like they say in Brooklyn: 

Forget about it................

LOL
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 07:45:55 PM »
  MRC
  That reply was very funny ;D ;D

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 07:53:07 PM »
MRC Said:   Just my opinion, but I would say you're nuts!

MRC
  That reply was very funny ;D ;D

Yep, but I was going to leave that one alone Johnny. Ha haa . . . .
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 08:06:33 PM »
    After dealing all day in class with high school kids,who most of the time are great,this one struck a funny bone with me.
      I'm still smiling.Nothing personal just the way it was said.
     Eric,I'll have to keep that R9,just to stay in the loop with some of the goings on here.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 04:58:26 PM »
There ya go Johnny. . . . . and don't let those kids get to you either!  Ha haa . . . .

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 05:39:36 PM »
    Juniors and seniors don't try to get to me.They know it's game on for them soon.They are facing their future pretty quick down the road.
  Freshman and sophomores not so much.They can be trying.And a lot of them,I had their parents in school when I was teaching full time in the lower levels.
      Believe me there were some that really tried my patience.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 06:23:24 PM »
    Juniors and seniors don't try to get to me.They know it's game on for them soon.They are facing their future pretty quick down the road.
  Freshman and sophomores not so much.They can be trying.And a lot of them,I had their parents in school when I was teaching full time in the lower levels.
      Believe me there were some that really tried my patience.

You sir have the patience of a saint sir. Between myself and my three brothers, were terrors in school. My youngest sister was asked FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL " I hope you are not like your four brothers."

kevinqjhps
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2017, 07:48:52 PM »
Ha haa. . . . Yeah, the principal asked me the same question first year in High School because my brother Karl, yeah - the R9 designer guy - was "a handful" in school too. He said the teachers were "boring". He always passed his tests and they sweared he had to be cheating! So one class test, they put him all by himself in the middle of the gymnasium with a few aids watching him take this test. He got a 100%! They were amazed. My father went in and said something to the effect. . . . You satisfied now!? He just knows this stuff, never mind how, don't question it, he just does. . . . . so stop the "baloney". Love the way Dad would use that word - old school for sure.