Author Topic: My First Love  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
My First Love
« on: December 30, 2011, 12:42:37 PM »
I spent yesterday with my first love. I haven't had my hands on her in awhile.....still has perfect proportions!! No one every forgets their first love. ;D  She is a model 60 S&W .38SPL "Chiefs Special" with bright satin finish....  ;) She was my constant compainion in the early 70's. Over the years we driftted apart as often happens in life. I would see something new and different and become infatuated but the fire that burned for the new model would eventually fade and the cycle would repeat itself. Several years ago I read about the R9S....could this be the one? At the time I was involved with a Seecamp 32.   When I received the R9 and held her for the first time I had mixed feelings. She was small and strong with a beautiful smooth surface. After several sessions with her we became comfortable together. I spend a lot of time now with the R9S. Sometimes I feel the need to go back in time.....No one forgets their first love.... :-*

What was your first love?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:49:58 PM by Jack_F »
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: My First Love
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 01:14:36 PM »
She looked like this:

She had been used by many before me, but it was love at first shot for me back in 1963.  She had holster wear, she rattled if you shook her, but she never malfunctioned. She was mine for a little while, but they absolutely refused to sell her to me when my orders arrived.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ricardo

• Sharpshooter
Re: My First Love
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 01:26:07 PM »
I think everyone has somewhere in their 1st days of Gundom had or carried some kind of 5 shot. I have grown to love my 2nd love and respect her dearly. It really carries nicely in my front pocket when not belt holstering something a little larger. Oh, and did I say my 1st love carries one to. :D ;D
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!!