Author Topic: Rohrbaugh for sale  (Read 10457 times)

Offline texex

Rohrbaugh for sale
« on: December 09, 2017, 05:32:37 PM »
Hi all,  Been a member of the forum for a while but this is my first post.  I have a new unfired Rohrbaugh R9 I'm ready to part with and need some advise on where and for how much to sell it.  There are not may for sale out there so I don't know how to price it.  I bought a Rohrbaugh R9 in 2013 and fired about 200 rounds through it.  Then in early 2015 it jammed and I could not remove the slide.  I sent it to Williams (Remington's repair facility).  They could not repair it so they sent me a brand new R9.  It has been in my safe ever sense.  Because I only sent in the gun and not the extra magazine or case I have a total of 3 magazines and 2 cases if that matters.  I would appreciate any advise i can get from this knowledgable forum.

Thanks!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Rohrbaugh for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 12:48:13 PM »
This is the first time I have ever heard of such a thing here. Remington bought us in January of 2014. You mention that you had an issue with your R9 in 2015 and Remington replaced it with a new R9 at that time. I guess they assembled one out of the parts they got from us at that time. Interesting. That would certainly be on the collectible side due to such a thing. . . . . a Remington assembled Rohrbaugh R9 pistol! Cool.

If you could post a few photographs of the gun here so we can have a look at it, I may be able to add to the description should the parts look familiar to me. Pricing, or a suggestion on marketing it, would follow of course.

ECR
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 01:58:57 PM »
Could the replacement R9 have been a New/Old Stock R9 they still had in their retail shop?  After Rohrbaugh was sold to Remington, there were plenty of R9s still on the shelves in gun shops.

If they made a new one from parts, they would need a serial-numbered replacement frame. 

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 04:28:09 PM »
Some frames went to Remington Phil. 
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline texex

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 04:49:51 PM »
Could the replacement R9 have been a New/Old Stock R9 they still had in their retail shop?  After Rohrbaugh was sold to Remington, there were plenty of R9s still on the shelves in gun shops.

If they made a new one from parts, they would need a serial-numbered replacement frame.

Must be new/old stock because the serial number is quite a bit lower than my original I sent in.  I have the paperwork from Williams explaining the replacement that shows both guns serial numbers.  I called them after and they said the gun they sent me was one on three remaining R9s they had left.  The paperwork is date april of 2015 if that helps.  I'll post some photos of the gun and paperwork tonight. 

Thanks for the feedback.

Offline texex

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 04:54:13 PM »
This is the first time I have ever heard of such a thing here. Remington bought us in January of 2014. You mention that you had an issue with your R9 in 2015 and Remington replaced it with a new R9 at that time. I guess they assembled one out of the parts they got from us at that time. Interesting. That would certainly be on the collectible side due to such a thing. . . . . a Remington assembled Rohrbaugh R9 pistol! Cool.

If you could post a few photographs of the gun here so we can have a look at it, I may be able to add to the description should the parts look familiar to me. Pricing, or a suggestion on marketing it, would follow of course.

ECR

the issue with my R9 was in the Fall of 2014 (i think) and I called your offices for 3 months with no reply before I figured out (on this forum) that Rohrbaugh had been sold and I needed to go through Remington/Williams.  Williams made it sound like the gun they sent me was not part but a complete gun but I did not grill them for details.  It does have a different serial # than the one I sent in to the as the paperwork that came with the replacement gun shows. 

thanks for your info and guidance. 

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 06:40:27 PM »
Does your replacement R9 have an "R" prefix in the serial number?

Offline texex

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 07:09:36 PM »
Does your replacement R9 have an "R" prefix in the serial number?

Yes, R64XX which replaced my R65XX.  (don't know if I'm supposed to put full serial numbers in this forum).

Offline texex

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 07:42:55 PM »

ECR

Offline texex

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 07:50:26 PM »
Here are two more photos.  The repair order from Williams Guns Sight says "gun has bad frame and barrel, given replacement gun",  It also shows Serial Number R65XX and New serial # R64XX.  The Repair order is dated 4/30/2015.  Let me know if you need more photos.

Offline texex

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 07:53:04 PM »
Here is the left side of the gun, sorry these photos are not rotated correctly but they are showing up correctly when I attach them.

Offline texex

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 08:01:49 PM »
In addition to the gun I have 4 magazines, 8 springs, 2 cases and 2 manuals.  Let me know if you guys need further details.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 08:54:07 PM »
Looks like the slide from what they called the “custom” edition. Very rare.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline texex

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 10:20:44 PM »
Interesting you say that because I noticed the slide is much darker than the gun I shipped off to be repaired.

Thanks for the feedback.

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2017, 01:25:35 AM »
Strange stuff the slide has the USA instead of the u.s.a.