Author Topic: Rohrbaugh Bros. On This Forum Soon  (Read 5218 times)

Offline ketap

Rohrbaugh Bros. On This Forum Soon
« on: December 13, 2005, 10:26:36 PM »
Wouldnt it be nice if someone from the Rohrbaugh factory were to answer some of the user questions on this forum? Visited the Seecamp Forum recently, and its nice to hear information straight from the "horses mouth" It would end a lot of the woes and worries of many Rohrbaugh owners. As well meaning as folks are here, I dont feel they are qualified to answer some of the tougher questions posed recently. Nobody knows this pistol better than its creators. Ive even wondered if some of the "trouble posts" are just imposters trying to add fuel to a fire?

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Re: Rohrbaugh Bros. On This Forum Soon
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 10:33:15 PM »
I remember in an earlier post it being mentioned that for legal reasons they won't post in public -- they are happy to answer questions in phone calls, though, I believe -- Maria was able to answer my very limited ones.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 10:53:37 PM »
Yes, I don't think you will see them here.  Karl, for starters, is completely computer illiterate -- as he would tell you himself.  Eric reads the forum, as I am sure, do others at the factory.

Occasionally messages get relayed from the factory through me or others who talk to Eric or Karl.  I think that all the questions here that have answers get answered.  Some questions can't be answered, or can't be answered completely in a public forum.  I think you could understand that.  Karl and Eric have always been extremely forthcoming with customers on the phone -- but phone calls arent recorded for all eternity.

I applaud Larry Seecamp or getting on this forum and taking the heat and the glory, but it may not be the best move ultimately.

Disclaimer -- These are all my opinions -- not necessarily those of the R-Brothers themselves.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 05:52:49 PM »
Apart from points already made - I really don't think Eric could squeeze more hours out of the day to spend time here, even leaving aside legal aspects! ;)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 08:43:06 PM »
Larry Seecamp does participate most days on the Seecamp Forum.  It has been the main reason that forum has matured faster than it would otherwise.  I remember the "days gone by" when you could not get an answer to a question by phone or mail from Seecamp - not so with Rohrbaugh.

Seecamp has become a great gun because Larry's name is on every gun.   The same for Rohrbaugh.
Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 07:44:25 AM »
I agree....      
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 07:45:14 AM by RHEDLEY »
RJ=

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 12:22:25 PM »

I know that I do not have enough time to spend on this forum and a couple of others..
And I am just a normal workin shlub.. ;)

I also know what Karl told me when I spoke to him on the phone-"My idea of a computer is a #2 pencil"
He is better off for it most likely!! ::)

It is nice to run things off of a Rep or an owner as on the Seecamp forum  ;D 8)

Call the Bros if you have a question..You may be surprised at how quickly a reply comes your way!! 8) ;)

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 01:35:34 PM »
Great job, Brenden.

There really is wisdom in the remark about computers and a pencil.

Many times they prevent talented people from being out making tons of money.  If the Rohrbaugh brothers had spent all their time playing with computers, we might not have the wonderful R9S.

Bill

Offline JohnBT

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 05:37:05 PM »
"Seecamp has become a great gun because Larry's name is on every gun."

I thought that was his father's name on the slide. Did he change it?  

Meanwhile, I'm just passing through again reading posts while I try to decide if I'm going to buy the used R9S I found Saturday afternoon in this little town up in the mountains. It's barely used, not scratched, SN R6xx and has the 2 mags and the case. I don't know if the shop will come down any from the $799 on the tag but they're closed Sunday and Monday, so I'm certain it's still there. We will see.

I almost spent $900 on a Seecamp .32 a decade or more ago, but didn't.

John
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 05:39:26 PM by JohnBT »

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 10:23:33 AM »
I think the R bros have more important things to do  :)  like make and ship pistols   Tom
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 10:22:14 AM by theirishguard »
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 12:01:12 AM »
They probably do; it's a shame we don't.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 07:34:43 AM »
They probably do; it's a shame we don't.

Tracker:

I justify it in my case as one of the benefits of being semi-retired.    ;D  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 07:49:41 PM »
I know the R-Brothers would love to sit around our campfire. However they just don't have the time.  They work long hours to produce these little gems. Dan
NRA LIFE MEMBER