Author Topic: 1:1000 ratio?  (Read 3970 times)

Offline morte

1:1000 ratio?
« on: July 10, 2007, 01:12:21 AM »
I think I'm in the majority here.  

I bought my first Rohrbaugh (R9S Stealth #1831) a few days ago.  It arrived Friday.  I bought it sight unseen, and as a matter of fact, it's the first Rohrbaugh I had ever seen in person.  Nobody I knew had one.  No one at the local gun ranges or gunshops had seen one.

I bought it solely after reading the forum postings here and elsewhere.  I bought it, eventhough I had read some postings questioning the cost, reliability and tempermental nature of the pistol.

MY EXPERIENCE (BRIEFLY) - To familiarize myself with the pistol, I disassembled and reassembled it at least dozen times before I went to the range the next day.  I made some makeshift tools ala Steve Bedair's posting.  After a few tries, I was able to break it down and put it back together in less than a minute.  It was not nearly as bad as I was expecting.   Similarly, I was expecting at least a hiccup or two on the range.  What actually happened was nothing short of flawless.  I shot an entire value pack (100#) of standard Winchester white box during the shooting session.  No problems whatsoever.

I think I'm in the vast majority here and my experience is probably very typical.  I'm glad my instincts were right about this forum and the pistol itself.  That is:  For every posting by an unhappy owner challenging cost, reliability, and/or workmanship of their gun; there are a thousand very satisfied Rohrbaugh owners in the silent (and not-so-silent) majority who have had no problems whatsoever with this pistol.

Does 1 in 1000 sound about right?

Offline CaptBW

• Master
Re: 1:1000 ratio?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 08:17:57 AM »
Sounds right to me. My R9s has been flawless since September 2005.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline CNO53

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 03:58:23 PM »
I agree with you motre.

Purchased my R9S from Tom Watson "Irish Guard Firearms". Tom and I had this same discussion before and after I bought the gun. Shot 60 rounds last week and was 100% (knock on wood). Take down and reassembly was not an issue either.  

By the way if you need a Rohrbaugh call Tom he will take good care of you, answer all your questions and get you what you need. Thanks again Tom!

Neal

Perception...Reality...?

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 04:55:32 PM »
Morte:

Welcome to the "campfire"!

Like you, I ordered my R9 sight-unseen. My order was based on a report I read about the prototype which had been unveiled at the 2002 Shot Show.  I've been carrying No. 132 now for the past three years and four months.  (Time flies!)  It has shown no vices in all that time.  And, if I do say so, it is aging gracefully - much more so, I fear, than its owner is doing:

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 02:04:55 PM »
Morte,
Welcome to the forum and the pup!!

Sounds like you have the program under control..

Mine have all been good.. 8)

Welcome again,and have fun..

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 07:43:50 PM »
Morte,  Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new R-9.  Dan