Author Topic: Remington Update from SHOT 2015  (Read 4207 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Remington Update from SHOT 2015
« on: January 20, 2015, 01:49:27 PM »
I actually spoke to Dan Cox in the Remington booth first thing this morning.  A few things of interest.

With regard to warranty service on existing Rohrbaugh pistols:

Frist, he apologized for the delay in getting the warranty service up and going.  He said that he worked hard to find the right place to outsource the repairs.  Remington did not want an "armorer" level service to swap parts--they wanted a true gunsmithing operation.  Williams was interested, but wanted to do some homework on the gun before agreeing to take on the responsibility.  Ultimately, they accepted, of course.  He felt like his main job was to get a quality system in place, not to rush the process.

Dan assures me that Williams has a large supply of parts.  He described it as four pallets of parts.  He is confident that they will be able to fully service warrantied pistols for "years" to come.  He also stated that the guns run very well, and he doesn't expect an onslaught of claims.   He did not say, but he implied, that by the time the parts run out, Remington will be making new versions of the R9. 

I think this is the best assurances we can hope for at this point.  He seemed genuinely concerned that Rohrbaugh customers would be supported and pleased with Remington.

With regard to the rumored .380 ACP pistol:

Although the rumors were very strong with this -- even down to specs and pictures -- the official word from Remington is DENIAL.  They have "lots of things in the works," and are not "chasing any particular product category" right now.  There is no official commitment that they are working on a .380 or doing anything related to the Rohrbaugh designs.

Remington is still showing the R51, but nothing really new in pistols.

So... that is the word from the SHOT Show floor...
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
Re: Remington Update from SHOT 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 04:04:16 PM »
Thanks for the update!

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 05:43:56 PM »
   Yes, thanks for the update.

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 06:49:13 AM »
Thank you.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 09:53:01 PM »
When you get back home, can you help us out?  I think the spammers saw you were going to be at SHOT and took advantage...

Edit: Looks like you cleaned some of them already.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:57:59 PM by wildmanwill »