Author Topic: Trouble Reaching Rohrbaugh by Phone  (Read 5872 times)

Offline LFT

Trouble Reaching Rohrbaugh by Phone
« on: October 09, 2014, 05:35:02 PM »
I have been trying to reach Rohrbaugh by phone today, using both their 800 number and their (631) number to no avail. For both numbers it says: "sorry we can't connect your number as dialed", does anyone know what's going on? I've tried both my land line and my cellular.
Thank you.
LFT

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Trouble Reaching Rohrbaugh by Phone
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 09:08:32 PM »
The Rohrbaugh brothers sold the company last summer to Para/Remington.  Right now there seems to be no interest on their part to resume production or even to fulfill warranty obligations or to provide spare parts.  If you follow some of the threads on this forum such as "I want to love my R9 but..." you can get more details. Remington spokesperson expressed an intent to start honoring warranty work soon, but so far no real details are available.  You can get springs directly from Wolff springs.  If you are having a problem with your pistol, start a thread here and perhaps one of the members will be able to help or advise.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline LFT

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 09:20:55 PM »
Well, that answers my question, thanks! Do you know if the paddle holsters are still available? Not sure if this is the correct forum to as that question, if not forgive me please.

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 10:02:42 PM »

If you are referring to paddle holsters from Rohrbaugh the answer is no. Rohrbaugh, as we knew it, doesn't exist anymore

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 10:47:38 PM »

Rohrbaugh never made holsters, of course -- they just sold someone else's product.  I can't immediately recall who made the paddle holster, but someone here will.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 11:07:17 PM »
No one said that Rohrbaugh made them but, as you know, they were advertised on their web store as the "Rohrbaugh Paddle Holster", $74.95. For example, Checkmate made the magazines but they have also gone under deep cover and nowhere to be found. Thanks be to Wolff Springs for some semblance of continuity because everything else has been dropped into the hot grease skillet for now.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:18:09 PM by tracker »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 11:22:43 PM »

The paddle holster was made by Desantis.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline LFT

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 12:00:12 AM »
Thanks to all for bringing me 'up to speed' on what has happened to Rohrbaugh. I guess we can hope that Remington/Para will resume production at some time in the future. It makes no economic sense to spend money to buy a company and then not produce their product, Rohrbaugh was not big enough to be a threat to Remington's market share.
I sent an email to DeSantis to see if I can buy a holster direct from them. I will keep the forum posted on their response.
LFT

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 09:53:49 AM »

I think Desantis may have previously had a deal where they provided the holster exclusively to Rohrbaugh, but I don't think that is the case any longer.  I would suspect they would sell you one.  Please let us know.

Thanks.

Duane (DDGator)

bamboobob

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 09:42:54 PM »
LFT

There are plenty of good holsters out there,
try pocket or WB  with loops.
I think there are more here that want parts than warranty.
Those who want warranty (?2?) probably want or should want parts too!

Bob

Offline LFT

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 09:49:32 PM »
I've become partial to paddle holsters, especially with a slim semi-auto pistol, I live in Florida, it's hot and my shirts are always out and the paddles don't seam to 'print' on the outside and I don't need to wear a belt to use a paddle holster.
LFT

Offline mz368

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2014, 11:56:35 AM »
Sent you an email.