Author Topic: Cleaning House. Stuff's gotta go!  (Read 4388 times)

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
Cleaning House. Stuff's gotta go!
« on: August 06, 2006, 07:30:52 PM »
I'm looking to liquidate some of my possesions that I purchased in order to fund me getting more possesions.

Here's what i got (sorry, but I removed the Hedley Holster so I can try it out in front pocket. I might repost later.):

T.G. Faust Level IV Standalone Ceramic plates

These provide level IV protection without a Kevlar vest. I'll let them go for  $350 plus actual shipping costs.

Benchmade 4200SBK Auto Resistor  SOLD!

Item was supposed to go to the desert with me, and instead just sat in its box. Never used. I'm asking $150 plus shipping and insurance for it. It's pricey, but the MSRP on this is $237.00 and i paid just under $190 on it when I bought it.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 12:36:14 AM by dfsutton »
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

- Rabbi Menachem Morgenstern

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Re: Cleaning House. Stuff's gotta go!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 03:20:42 AM »
Have you tried using the back pocket holster in the front pocket?  I know a few of us, myself included, have found it to be ideal, and it can't print.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 10:13:04 AM »
Have you tried using the back pocket holster in the front pocket?  I know a few of us, myself included, have found it to be ideal, and it can't print.

I regularly carry my back-pocket holster in the front pocket.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 11:54:14 AM »
You know, I may actually give it a try. Guess I'll hold off on selling the holster and mag packer.
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 02:52:37 PM »
I predict that you will come to like that mode of carry.  After all, what's in a name?  "A rose by any name, etc. . . ."  It's the function which counts, and the full-counterprint panel which RJ first conceived and others have since adapted in their own work provides superb concealment in the strong-side front pocket.  

If any of your front pockets are too shallow to provide full concealment of the butt of the holstered pistol, simply have them deepened by a couple of inches.  The seamstress at my local dry cleaners charges about $5.00 a pocket for such work and refers to it as "making a holster holster."  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 06:16:45 PM »

I regularly carry my back-pocket holster in the front pocket.

And I many times carry my Hedley R9 Front Pocket Holster in my back pocket.   The R9 is about the max for the back pocket.

With most of my pants I think if I used a regular back pocket holster for the back pocket the R9 gun could be seen by someone standing behind me looking down at my back pocket.

The front pocket holster doesn't have the high anti-print panel of the back pocket holster.  So I find by using the front pocket holster in the back pocket the top of material in my back pocket closes in and covers the top of the R9 residing in the Hedley front pocket holster.

Got all of that straight?   :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 11:11:03 PM by MountainMan »
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 01:34:49 AM »
I think what i really want to know is if any of you all want these things. Do you?

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 08:50:38 AM »
I would be interested in that Benchmade Auto if it were legal to possess and carry it in Tennessee.  Someone whose state law permits the carrying of automatic knives ought to snap it up.  Here's a list of states and a summary of their laws on the subject compiled by AKTI (American Knife and Tool Institute):

http://www.lrkt.com/KnifeCollectorsCorner/STATELAWSREGARDINGAUTOMATICKNIVES.htm
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline JY

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 03:02:36 PM »
PM Sent

JY

Offline pauline

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 01:31:57 AM »
Front pocket, back pocket. I would rather have it on my necklace or key chain.

NAA lr mini.fits nicly.   ::)

then there is the Kal-tec 32 I want will fit somewhere nicely.

the hard part is where to put the permit.

Pauline

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 02:53:57 PM »
Benchamde has been lowered to $150. Plates still at $350.

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 12:35:23 AM »
Benchmade has been sold. Plates still available.