Author Topic: Ammo Shortage...  (Read 13950 times)

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
Re: Ammo Shortage...
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2009, 05:20:13 AM »
The "solution" is not an easy remedy. The best we can do as individuals is to maintain a positive attitude and be goodwill ambassadors as gunowners. For my part, the total I have charged for giving lessons to newcomers, as a Certified Pistol Instructor, remains $00.00.

Collectively, our best hope is to balance congress in 2010 to offset a single party gone mad with ever increasing attempts to utilize government as a mechanism for "change".

The Constitution is there for a reason, thank you very much, and this mindless "politically correct" nonsense is so old I could scream.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2009, 10:14:35 AM »
ACP for Congress!    8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2009, 10:31:57 AM »
ACP!!  You do make some good points.  Main thing is to remain calm and do not scream.  Stay focused.  Numerically speaking, staying focused, is for all of us.

Everything will work out.  We have to be smart about how we react and do our part in how we partisipate in these trying times.  Hope this doesn't offend anyone.  Just my thoughts.   :)   ;)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2009, 10:41:26 AM »
We all learned in History 101 how the United States sold scrap metal to Japan in the 1930s and how a lot of that metal was returned to us at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.  With that in mind, take a look at this:

http://www.theshootist.net/2009/03/dod-ends-sale-of-expended-military.html

I think I'm going to start making greater use of snap caps for maintaining proficiency.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2009, 01:49:14 PM »
Shootist article is chilling and goes to my worst fear. Instead of confronting Second Amendment head on, our leaders are doing end runs designed to diminish access to our ability to go "Bang".

For the record, I have no love for republicans who have squandered Newt Gingrich's Contract With America, for which Clinton takes credit for economic prosperity. They are feckless cowards who have little response to the present regime which is assisted, after all, by mainstream media and Hollywood.

2010 is our year and although present pain is just that, (painful), I have prayed that democrats would overreach and they are doing that bigtime. Isn't it amazing how angry they are? They have both houses of congress and the White House, so why the angst? Because the engine of liberalism is negativity and fear. It is only via constant complaint, portraying themselves as victims and channeling hatred toward their political enemies, that liberals can champion their ideal: "You can fool all of the people some of the time". This, it would appear, is the portion of Lincoln that Obama adores.

Even if the republicans fail to live up to the legacy of Reagan and Gingrich, (presuming victory in 2010), anything is better than what we have now. It is mourning in America and we must find our way through present darkness in quest of a new dawn; one in which Honorably Discharged Veteran gun owners are no longer regarded as terrorists and take their rightful place as Patriots in the light of day.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2009, 06:32:43 PM »
Yippee! I found 100 rounds of 9MM ammo today. Guy will only sell me two boxes (Golden Sabre) but I will take it.
I am getting to a point that I may actually go out and shoot my R9!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2009, 03:02:47 PM »
At the risk of sounding the all clear way too soon, I found some
115 gr. gold dot at a local gun store yesterday. They had never
carried Speer in the past so it is somewhat encouraging. They
also had a small supply of .45 ACP and .40 in gold dot; it is
probably all gone today but is at least a faint glimmer of hope.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2009, 07:11:58 PM »
Sounds good!  Were they 50rd boxes or 20?
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2009, 07:38:09 PM »
Tracker:

do not disclose your zip code!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2009, 08:31:51 PM »
They were 20 rounders; that is a good question because we
bought them as 50 rounders in the past. This was a big dealer
with several locations.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2009, 04:49:37 PM »
I went into a gun shop I happened to pass this morning on the off chance that the place might have some quality 9mm ammunition in stock. All the store had on the shelves was a bunch of "stuff" made in Russia. Then, as I was turning to leave, I spotted one lonely box of .45 ACP 230-grain Remington Golden Saber BJHP sitting on a shelf behind the cash register.

"I'll take that," I said to the clerk manning the counter. (The cost was $39.00, plus sales tax, for the single box.)

As I was walking out of the shop, I overheard another clerk who had just come from the back room exclaim, "@#$   %^&*! Did you just sell that box of Golden Sabers I had set aside for myself?"  

Without so much as a backward glance, I just eased on out the door.  :D

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2009, 04:56:51 PM »
Great story Richard. What language is @#!@#+_)*%#?i]

I am guesssing Hungarian. Am I right?

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2009, 08:35:35 PM »
I think "@#!@#+_)*%#?i] " is a military term.  Spelled the same in every language, too.  ;D

BTW:  I was reading an ammo component thread on a handloading site the other day.  Same trouble buying reloading supplies as loaded ammo.  One writer remarked he had  70,000 primers on backorder from Cabela's, and would wait patiently for the order to be filled in dribs and drabs. No wonder I can't find anything for sale.  
Cripes - private individuals aren't supposed to have more than 5,000 primers, and X pounds of powder on hand.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2009, 08:47:04 PM »
As a matter of fact, I think it was Hungarian -- the West Danube dialect, if I'm not mistaken.   ;)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2009, 09:25:59 PM »
I was wrong. I thought your inflection was East Danube. Now I know.