Author Topic: Selling - Gunbroker or Forum?  I vote FORUM!  (Read 1568 times)

Offline MJSeif

Selling - Gunbroker or Forum?  I vote FORUM!
« on: September 17, 2010, 11:11:42 PM »
Okay, so I've been liquidating some of my safe-contents as of late (new kid/medical bills etc).  In the last month and a half or so, I've sold about 12 pieces.  Some via PMs on Forums, some via Gunbroker.  My gosh!  You would not believe some of the requests that I've gotten from prospective buyers on Gunbroker.  Probably some of the most frustrating/mind-numbing experiences of MY LIFE.  There is DEFINITELY a difference in the folks on the forum and the auction site....why in the BLAZES would I want a golf club in trade for a $1000 Handgun (in all fairness, the person sending the request said it was "really nice") -- ON A FIREARMS AUCTION SITE!!!!!  GAH!!!  

Let's see:
"...I'll send out the payment at the end of the week..."
----NOW would be better-----

Or:
"...I'd like to buy it, but would you send it under (someone elses' name)"
----no, I am not going to send it to your straw buyer----

Better yet -- and I quote "...if I buy it and pay you a little extra, would you just ship it to me directly? "  
----Seriously?  NO, I am too pretty for prison----

My favorite:
"Would I be able to own this gun if (insert a disqualifying gross misdemeanor/minor felony here)?"

Anyone else had these sort of things happen with gunbroker?
Maybe it's just because I am a "new" seller on Gunbroker, I don't know.

Thanks for listening.   I feel much better now.  FYI this is all a giant compliment to all of you reading this as none of the above or anything even near it has come from anyone here.

-Mark

P.S. Moderators/Admin, if this post is too negative or whiny,  please feel free to edit, move or remove.  Sometimes a man's just got to vent a little!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 11:19:41 PM by MJSeif »
Semper Fi

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: Selling - Gunbroker or Forum?  I vote FORUM!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 12:43:42 AM »
I've only know a few guys who have sold guns on Gun Broker and they never told me stuff like that.

I guess you got lucky or since GB has grown so big, the odds have changed.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 12:44:06 AM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 08:44:46 AM »
Ive sold a good bit on Gunbroker and have never had any weird things happen.  I have had a trade or two offered but both were guns, lol.  I usually put in my adds "no trades".  Only thing I dont like is the fees.

I usually put my stuff up for sale on forums first for a few days before I ever list it on GB although most of the time I get quite a bit more $ for the item on GB.

Offline MJSeif

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 10:51:59 PM »
I'm usually game to at least entertain trades on interesting pieces that I may not have already tried.  I guess it was just my fault for not specifying that I'm only interested in Firearms.

Definitely agree on getting more money on GB though -- Just sold an R9s Stealth -- Got $200 more than I posted it for on the forum!  
Semper Fi