Author Topic: Raffle for R9S -- Serial Number 5000!  (Read 2287 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Raffle for R9S -- Serial Number 5000!
« on: September 20, 2010, 11:28:26 PM »

Rohrbaugh Firearms is donating R9S, serial number R-5000, to S.A.F.E. (“Sportsmen's Association for Firearms Education Inc.”) and the NRA/ILA, to be raffled off at a conference being held on Long Island, N.Y. on October 2, 2010.  The only way way to get a raffle ticket is to join, or re-up, your membership in the NRA for a year, or to join, or re-up, your member in S.A.F.E. for one year.  Proof of this, dated after today, will be required.

The logistics of exactly how this will work are still being finalized as I write this.  The odds in this raffle are expected to be quite good.   This particular method of entry means only one raffle ticket per person.

The R-5000 is going to be an R9S with the NRA logo laser etched on each side of the slide. It will be in a wood presentation case.  Pictures are expected to be available soon – the laser etching is still in process.

Obviously time is going to be short, but the Rohrbaugh brothers are trying to arrange this so forum members can get into the drawing if all qualifications can be met by the deadline—expected to be sometime around September 29, 2010.

I am sure this is going to raise a lot of questions that I can’t necessarily answer.  I am travelling this week, and will do my best to keep the most current info on the forum.

I plan to enter by joining S.A.F.E.  I am already an NRA Life Member, as many of you probably are, so that avenue isn’t open to me.  I would suggest that this might be a great opportunity to sign your spouse or children up for the NRA to increase your chances of winning in your household!  ;)
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

ccoorreeyy

Re: Raffle for R9S -- Serial Number 5000!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 07:00:12 AM »
Sounds interesting and a local, to Rohrbaugh, good cause.

http://www.nysafe.org/Apps1.htm

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 09:04:06 AM »
Interesting, for sure!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 03:25:36 PM »
Another raffle that may be most difficult for some of us that care about it the most!!

Will try to figure it out for sure though..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline RickP

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 03:58:50 PM »
My wife has an NRA membership in her near future.

Rick

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 04:25:57 PM »
Here are the details on how to get your raffle ticket.

Go to the NRA or S.A.F.E. website and print and fill out a membership application.  Enclose a check or money order made payable as instructed in the application, but date the check for October 3, 2010.

Send the completed application and payment to:

Rohrbaugh Firearms
P.O. Box 785
Bayport, NY 11705
Attn: Raffle R-5000

This MUST BE RECEIVED by Friday, October 1.  The Rohrbaugh staff will ensure that you are entered into the raffle drawing on October 3, 2010 at the conference.

For your reference, here are the applicable websites:

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp      $35/yr.
http://www.nysafe.org/Apps1.htm      $25/yr.

I realize this is not ideal for forum members, but it’s a $25 shot at a raffle where only a few hundred tickets are likely to be sold.

Let me know if you have any questions  -- I will try to answer them as I can.  Thanks!
Duane (DDGator)

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 04:43:41 PM »
So the raffle ticket is free?  Only fee is the one year membership fee?

EDIT  The reason I ask is that I assume that people at the event would have to buy a raffle ticket for a chance at winning it.  Are we getting that ticket as a part of the $25 one year membership fee?

Can't wait to see the pictures of it!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 05:16:41 PM by ccoorreeyy »

Offline MJSeif

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 09:01:26 PM »
It's like pull-tabs, but WAY BETTER!  

I'd never heard of SAFE until now -- definitely an organization I'd like to support as I'm a life member of the NRA too.  

...let's see -- supporting a good organization....chance at a collectible....and I won't feel like I was robbed after it's done!...
Semper Fi

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 09:42:20 PM »
I too am a Life member of the NRA,so SAFE it is..

It is a nice thought of the R Bros to try to include us forum members..

Thank them for us please..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 10:12:35 PM »
If you join one of the organizations for one year, that IS your raffle ticket fee.  There is no additional fee.  In essence, the ticket is free.

Attendees at the event have the same requirements we do -- they have to join or re-up for an additional year with S.A.F.E. or NRA.  They expect as many as 800 to 1,000 people at the conference.  How many will do what they need to do to get a ticket is anybody's guess.

The Rohrbaughs are basically doing the leg work for forum members to get us a raffle ticket as if we were at the conference.   You won't see these tickets being offered anywhere else.
Duane (DDGator)

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 10:18:13 AM »
I have been a member of SAFE for many years.  John Cushman the Pres of SAFE has worked his tail off as an advocate for the right to keep and bear arms.  He runs a successful Women on Target program to introduce women to firearms.  This is a worthwhile cause and you have a shot at a one of a kind R-9.  Dan
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 10:51:40 AM »
Closing this thread to make sure everyone reads the updated info on a new thread.

Duane (DDGator)