Author Topic: Explanation of Recent Absence  (Read 17412 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Explanation of Recent Absence
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2016, 12:02:17 PM »
Thank you, my friends, for your kind messages.

I am posting below a link to the Eulogy I gave at the Celebration of Life ceremony for my soulmate of the past 20 years.  I know that time is supposed to ease the pain of losing a loved one, but I fear there is now a permanent place of dark emptiness in my very soul.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/9a3b6634-6520-4137-b1af-b57dad36b492

Again, thank you for your concern and support.  It means more to me than you may realize.

Richard Spradlin

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2016, 03:38:52 PM »
Richard, very nicely written, and so pertinent of life. I have been with my wife for 34 years. She is the kindest and most forgiving person I have ever met in my life. Then there's me, the Sicilian from Providence who grew up on the streets of Federal Hill. Two of my uncles were mob enforcers. Enough said. And yet, it works, and she constantly has shown me how her way is good...most of the time. Checks and balances.  My wife and I were just married and having a nice quiet romantic dinner at our favorite reataurant in the world. She looked at me with tears in her eyes and said " I love you so much, that if either of us goes 1st, I hope its me." I responded " I hope it is too! " I was only kidding. Nothing is further from the truth. Again, our condolences.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2016, 05:05:18 PM »

Thank you, Richard.  Very touching.  An amazing woman, without a doubt.

My wife and I just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary.  I can only imagine the emptiness.  I am told by others that the feeling never quite goes away, but definitely does get better with time.  I will pray for strength and peace for you.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2016, 03:29:32 PM »
Richard,
I add my condolences to the long list of Forum members.  Losing a friend is tough; a loved one - even tougher; a soul-mate...the toughest. 

Many years ago i lost my twin brother after a short, intense battle with acute leukemia. Even though I by that time was married with a growing family, the emotional toll was immense.  A wise old man gave some advice that helped me get thru that period:
"Life is for the living.  Your loved one is no longer suffering.  You have to go on."

Again, please accept my heartfelt condolences on your loss.

Steve S.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2016, 01:06:43 PM »
Richard, a beautiful tribute to an amazing woman.  I'll be in East TN in June and will without fail try to see you then.
John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2016, 06:49:06 PM »
A wonderful Eulogy Richard for a wonderful lady.

Continued prayers to you good Sir.

Sincerely Yours,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2016, 12:37:18 PM »
Richard, I am heart broken to hear of your beloved wife's departure from this life.  I have been out of the forum for a long time and just returned to catch up on things. 
After reading the Eulogy my respect for your wife is enormous, I know she enjoyed your support throughout her many accomplishments.
I will keep you in my prayers.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2016, 09:12:07 AM »
Thank you all.  Your comments mean more to me that perhaps you realize.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"