Author Topic: Springfield XD(m) 3.8 .45 ACP  (Read 2087 times)

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
Springfield XD(m) 3.8 .45 ACP
« on: December 12, 2011, 10:28:02 PM »
Well, Toad’s do eat crow on occasion   :-[  and perhaps some of you recall my rant about American made firearms…and some of your replies made a lot of sense.  I did liquidate all I owned that wasn’t American made with the exception of the HS2000…well, I had read that Springfield was going to produce the .45 in the XD(m) package in compact 3.8 size.  I have always liked this XD design and features and having served a bit of time in and out of Croatia where this is manufactured.   I guess I went and bent my own self induced rules and brought this one home.  I had some TRUGLO Tritium/Fiber Optic (TFO) sights installed.  I have always liked these sights.  My plan is a laser/light combo for this one.  I haven’t fired it yet, but I’m fully confident it will go bang every time.  I hope to put some lead downrange this week and will let y’all know how it goes.

American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Springfield XD(m) 3.8 .45 ACP
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 11:01:47 PM »

Very nice, Toad. It looks like a keeper.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 11:31:11 PM »
Well Toad rules were made to be broken, look forward to the range report. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 11:57:45 PM »
aaaahhhh.  These just shipped 2 weeks ago or so and my local shop has not received any in yet.  I can't wait to get one of these little guys in my paws and start blowing up some fruit!!  Nice grab on the compact.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 08:07:07 PM »
Great, AT.  Looking forward to the report.  Thanks for the photos.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 08:59:58 PM »
Let me know how the TFOs work for you.  I've been thinking about getting some XDms in 45 for carry. 

I have a pair of XD(m) 5.25s in 9MM which I'm very happy with in competition, but after shooting 3-D targets, I've become more interested in larger diameter bullets...  Or, buy some in 40, and convert them to 357 Sig for better results against skulls. 
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 06:29:16 AM »
Nice looking setup toad. I've loved the Truglo TFO sights since the first time I saw them in person. I'm in the process of having one of their front sights for a full sized USP fitted on my compact. The perfect setup for me is the way Sig has their Equinox models done, TFO on the front and regular tritium on the rear. It's a shame they don't make fitments for more pistols. If only there were a way to mount one to the front of my R9s...

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 03:37:19 PM »
This is the third set of TFO's I've owned.  I'm sold on 'em.  Can't go wrong in my opinion. 
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop