Author Topic: Que Pasa?  (Read 1993 times)

Online tracker

• Grand Master
Que Pasa?
« on: May 06, 2021, 10:42:11 PM »
WTFO?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 10:44:30 PM by tracker »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Que Pasa?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 11:59:27 PM »

Ha. [crickets]

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 10:01:47 AM »
Hello everyone, how y'all been?

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 10:08:32 AM »
Been coming here daily.  No action.  Did take the R9 to the range Monday and had a good time.  With age I’ve developed bad eyes, slight double vision and a fine hand tremor...upshot being I don’t do bullseyes well.  Having read Rex Applegate’s “Bullseyes Don’t Shoot Back”, and basically going to the range only to stay familiar with my CCW pistols, have decided to concentrate on point and shoot method.  I would place the R9 on the counter (indoor range), snatch/grab/point/shoot.  At 5 yards pistol was held about neck height.  At 7 yards more like chin height, rigid forearm, tight grip with elbows near the body.  Using a “perp” target, ie: image of a bad guy holding a gun, was doing double taps to the chest plus one to the head firing as fast as I could control the weapon.  The central mass shots were always right on target.  The head shots generally so, but a little to the left unless I paused for a one beat count to make that shot.  I will never do bulls eye again except to sight in a new handgun or new sights from a rest.   

Also shot my Smith M&P  340 .357, but using only 38s.  I’ve never liked short barrel revolvers.  At 7 and 10 yards could predictably put two quick shots center mass but simply could not predictably make a good head shot. I don’t carry that gun anyway, so no matter.

Loving being in Florida.  Went to dinner at the club last night...no masks, no distancing, busy like in the old days!  Gov. DeSantis rocks! Hope he runs in 2024 against Kamala.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 08:21:40 PM »
No more masks for us here in Sarasota!!! I hope Gov. De Santis runs against knee pads Kamala. Pee Pad Biden will be in the old age home by then...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 12:26:03 PM by cargaritaville »
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 07:06:39 PM »

I’ve been in South Dakota for a week.  SD has been leading the “no mask” charge.  Virtually none up here unless you are in a federal building.   Now it looks like things will be relaxed by the time we get home. 
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 11:28:52 AM »
Just checking in guys. We almost lost Mom, but she came back! At 93, Karl and I want every day that she has! 
Don't forget, we have photographs posted somewhere on this forum of Lillian H. Rohrbaugh assembling the hammer struts to the hammers on the R9 Series Pistols!  She is amazing!

I hope everything is going well for everyone here and your families and friends. Enjoy your trip Duane and remain safe out there!

I have to get going now, I'm having a stairlift installed for Mom to make it easier for her to get in and out of the house.

Everyone, please enjoy your day!  Love you All! 

ECR
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 03:10:54 PM »
You're very lucky to still have your mom around. Cherish every day with her.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 10:40:40 AM »
Best wishes and Blessings to all the Rohrbaugh’s.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 05:05:08 PM »
Thank You, gentlemen. I'll let her and Karl know you send well wishes.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2021, 05:59:30 PM »
I was thinking of you guys as I was on the Island this past weekend visiting family.  Passed by the exit for Farmingdale...   I'm glad you are able to be there for your mother!  She is lucky to have great sons like you are Karl.  Thanks for checking in and saying hi.  It sure is pretty quiet around the forum.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 06:01:25 PM by wildmanwill »

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2021, 04:42:28 PM »
Thanks Will.