Author Topic: On Line Rohrbaugh Holsters  (Read 15596 times)

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
On Line Rohrbaugh Holsters
« on: June 29, 2004, 09:13:52 AM »
I expect that Rohrbaugh will sell holsters on line through their website. I'd like to know if you could select Rohrbaugh's line-up, who would you and what product would feature?  

I'll begin: naturally, I'd pick Ron Graham's products (I now own 40 of his products), but if I was Karl and Eric, I'd feature his exotics.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: On Line Rohrbaugh Holsters
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 10:05:08 AM »
They are considering selling holsters.  It is my understanding they have talked to varying degrees with Ron, RJ, Kevin and Desantis.  Not sure what they will ultimatley do, or if it even makes sense from a retail perspective.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 01:31:13 PM »
Well, maybe Desantis is geared towards that type of an arrangement, maybe the others too, but I will stay as I am.

One on one, one price for all,...and Great service !  

You know what happens when a small outfit gets spread too thin,..something is lost.

.....and I am as small as it gets !!  :)
RJ=

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 12:31:29 AM »
You guys missed the point of this thread. What I was looking for was a "dream line-up." The one product or product line-up of a particular holster maker that you think is ideal for Rohrbaugh.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 12:46:40 AM »
I didn't miss your point -- but I figured my thoughts were too obvious -- as are yours!  ;D

Specifically, I like the two K&D Holsters I showed in my "Waiting for Rohrbaugh" thread.  I personally like that particular Pocket Defender derivative from Kevin.  

The dream line up, however, has to be mostly pocket holsters for a pocket gun like this.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 08:55:19 AM »
Hi Duane:

Yea, the opinions of individuals like RJ, yourself, and me are fairly obvious to anyone who isn't brain dead, but there are holster makers who have a line-up or a design that is a jewel that we haven't heard of. We would never find out about these jewels unless we ask.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 09:22:32 AM »
George
I can not imagine, in my wildest dreams, what you are trying to say.   ::)
RJ=

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2004, 08:20:29 PM »
Pick your favorite holster maker and of his (or her) designs, your favorite design.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2004, 09:51:05 PM »
I already posted my choices.  What about the other people on the forum?

Duane (DDGator)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2004, 10:51:39 PM »
I don't really think I am quite ready to make a final selection .. working I guess on the likelehood of more options coming along over time.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2004, 12:52:54 AM »
Hi R9:

Don't worry about the Rohrbaugh, what is your favorite holster? Why do you like it?

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2004, 01:55:26 PM »
George .... fave? Well my all time fave is my daily carry with SP-101 .... it is a Jim Burke .. belt slide OWB ... and it's what I call a hi-ride with FBI cant ..... I wear that at about 3 o'clock to 3.30 ... I can ''lose'' the grips and some of profile because almost under my right arm... even with t-shirt, printing is bearable.

The cant is superb for access and draw but .. even now with it well bedded in - retension is good too - and no retension strap either.  Makes for super quick draw.

Sadly ..... Jim Burke died last year - I met him in person when I bought the rig at Dallas gun show just over a year ago - dearly wish I could get another.  I have even wondered if Kevin or RJ - or someone ... could make a copy - it is sooo good.  I hope it'll last me a good while yet.  Pic of it some whuile ago - now much more sweat stained!!

Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2004, 02:58:10 PM »
R9S,

I'd be more than happy to make a copy for you.  I'll send you an email to discuss.

Kevin
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2004, 02:58:17 PM »
That is a beautiful holster !  I like the way he minimumized the height of the holster by letting the barrel peek out the bottom.    The stitching is superior !  

Your showing the holster here is a tribute to Jim....
RJ=

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2004, 04:21:45 PM »
Actually RJ .. seeing as the SP is 2 1/4" ... I think that is main reason for muzzle ''peeking out''.  Jim made/sold this rig as a generic Smith J frame and so I am pretty sure designed it for the std 2" ..... I did use it for some while with my ol' M85 2" snub until I had the SP.

Whichever way you look at it tho - IMO anyways - this rig has a simplicity and grace of its own.  Funny thing is - When I looked at it - prior to parting with the cash .. I was unsure .... but Jim said (in his rather imposing manner!) ... ''If you don't get on with it - I'll take it back - but that's unlikely''!!

First time or two of use - I was still unsure but then over time came to realize why Jim was so certain he'd NOT be seeing it back!!  It's hard to describe just how good a rig can be and how good it feels .. rather subjective maybe.  R.I.P. Jim.

Kevin ...... I'll look out for an email .. main thing with this re copying .. there will have to be a ''top view'' pic to show the proportion from that standpoint (I must take one).  Plus - tho it was pretty ''firm'' when new, it was still retaining a measure of suppleness .. which of course has improved further.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site