Author Topic: Colt Pocket Auto v. Seecamp  (Read 3719 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Colt Pocket Auto v. Seecamp
« on: October 20, 2005, 01:56:25 PM »
I have two lovely, pristine pocket autos I inherited -- one of which was carried in WWI -- they are fantastic guns, which I am very accurate with, but, they are very nice collectibles made from unavailable parts, and my gunsmith keeps urging me not to do anything but keep them lovingly in the safe, and play with them on rare occasions... So, how does a Seecamp compare to one of them?  I'm prepared for the fit and finish not to be the same -- I don't own a single modern pistol that feels as nicely made as my old Colts -- more on how it points, etc.  Are there any directories of Seecamp dealers -- I have no problem w. the 32 caliber, as, at least w. the Colt, I could put it exactly where I wanted.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
Re: Colt Pocket Auto v. Seecamp
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 02:48:19 PM »
Here's the dealer listing from the Seecamp website.

http://www.seecamp.com/dealers.htm

We've also got an owner's forum where Larry himself is very active.

http://www.seecamp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

I am really enjoying my new LWS 380 -- a very finely crafted pistol.
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 07:57:43 PM »
theirishguard Tom Watson may be able to get you a LWS 32 in a few weeks.   I have a Seecamp LWS 32 California Edition and a LWS 380 on order with him.  I'm getting the California Edition to go with my other LWS 32s as a sort of sentimental thing since my daughter lives across the country in Californial.

Tom did you get my last PM on the seecamp forum on going ahead with the order with a spare mag if possible?

So as you can see I believe the Seecamp are special pistols.  I have a new R9 also that gives me the same warm feeling when I hold it.
Dave

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 02:39:28 PM »
Yes Dave you are all set. PM sent
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 11:08:51 AM »
theirishguard Tom Watson may be able to get you a LWS 32 in a few weeks.   I have a Seecamp LWS 32 California Edition and a LWS 380 on order with him.  I'm getting the California Edition to go with my other LWS 32s as a sort of sentimental thing since my daughter lives across the country in Californial.

Tom did you get my last PM on the seecamp forum on going ahead with the order with a spare mag if possible?

So as you can see I believe the Seecamp are special pistols.  I have a new R9 also that gives me the same warm feeling when I hold it.
Dave

Kalifornia Edition?   Does the pistol come with emission controls?  

Sometimes I wonder if Kalifornia would be betteroff "seceding from "regular" America.

Wonder if there will be some great firearm bargains floating around SanFrancisco now?

Sorry to be so negative, but I'm an old fart, and everytime I see something that has to be "Kalifoniaized" it bugs the poop out of me.

Best Wishes,
JP
"Laus Deo"

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 12:07:46 AM »
Yes JP
California is different and everytime I visit my daughter there it is always nice to come back east.  Get out of the three big liberal cities though and most of the people are normal - especially Northern CA.  Remember that they did vote in Ronnie for Governor.
Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."