Author Topic: Original or Stealth finish?  (Read 1215 times)

Offline jarich42

Original or Stealth finish?
« on: May 12, 2007, 12:04:18 AM »
I am buying an R9s this week and can't decide what finish to get. My local shop has an R9s with the original finish, which is gorgeos, but I'm thinking I may want the Stealth finish. Does the finish appear to be holding up okay? How easy is the black finish to scratch? Is it holding up pretty well against holster rash? Are there any pictures posted or can anyone post some pics of the Stealth models.

thanks,
Allen

One45

Re: Original or Stealth finish?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 12:07:23 PM »
Greetings; I prefer the stealthy mode of operation.  Mine is fine.  If it is not oiled or one hasn't used a silicone cloth on it recently, it takes on a kinda dull look.  That's fine to me.
It has held up fine with no scratches from leather holster pocket carry for several months now.  Either way, you can't go wrong.  Take care.

Offline 45ACP2GO

• Sharpshooter
Re: Original or Stealth finish?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 10:32:32 PM »
I have the Stealth R9S. It is the same finish that Kahr uses on their PM9. I haven't had my R9S very long and of course the finish is nice and my PM9 was carried almost daily. There is not the first sign of wear on the finish.  

Since I have had my Stealth the PM9 is lonely in the gun safe now.  Oh yes it does have company but not the R9
NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT YOUR PUP!
CHECK 360