Author Topic: SEECAMP .380  (Read 92982 times)

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
Re: SEECAMP .380
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2010, 10:43:54 AM »
CLP worked well, but when I made the move to Eezox everything was very very very smooth...  My 380 now feeds as smooth as my .32.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 11:19:11 AM by FloridaCCW »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2010, 11:52:13 AM »
My .32 works like a charm.  I'll start the .380 out on the Eezox and using Silvertips and feel like everything will be fine.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 01:16:13 PM by FloridaCCW »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2010, 01:35:43 PM »
Impressive, for sure!    :)    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2010, 02:07:31 PM »
If we look long and hard at feeding issues in these little pocket guns we'll be finding fault with the ammunition.
The LWS 380 as well as the LWS 32 could have potential issues feeding if the proper suggested ammunition is not used. In the rare cases that there is an issue feeding it may be due the the differences in ammunition from the same factory.
We've gotten to a point where we would shoot almost one whole twenty round box of ammunition to test reliability and save enough for carry.

Recoil on any little pistol is snappy, I have always said it is mind over matter, if you don't mind, it won't matter.
I have found by experimenting with shooters of the LWS 380 if I hand them the pistol to try, they like it. If I fore warn it may be a snappy recoil, they have it in their mind it will hurt, and most cases they comment that it is a snappy recoil.I mostly hand my Seecamp 380s to those that shoot and recoil is not a factor.

I had recommended Gold Dots for both the LWS 32 and the LWS 380 and it so happened I'd use Gold Dots in the R9, so it was easy to remember.
No longer are the Gold Dots recommended for the LWS 380.
I have used Cor-Bon and Hydro Shoks when I can't get Silvertips.
I have checked here not that long ago and Gold Dot 115gr are still recommended for the R9.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2010, 02:53:50 PM »
Good information, chameleon.  Looking forward to getting the Seecamp .380.  I'm going to start it out on Silvertips, as it is one of the recommended ammos and because I like Silvertips for the R9.

Recoil is not an issue, as the .454 Alaskan, .44 Mag Ruger Super Blackhawk, and Taurus Judge Magnum, get an outing quite often, with the .500 S&W waiting in the wings, so to speak.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 03:19:06 PM by kjtrains »

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2010, 06:54:04 PM »
At least for me and a few others I've talked to, the primary difference with the 380 recoil is the very sharp slap from the trigger guard on the back of the trigger finger.  It's not something that will stop anyone from firing a few rounds...but I've not heard of too many guys volunteering to run any more than a couple of mags thru, either.  After about 8-10 rds. the "macho" look begins to disappear and the "Ya...that's a fine gun" and "here, you try it, ........(fill in the name of other friend who's been watching)..It's not bad at all."                   (liar)
 ;)  I love the gun and have two...but, the R9 is a lot more comfortable to shoot.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 06:55:59 PM by hedrok »

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2010, 07:00:06 PM »
BTW...There's a Seecamp BNIB on GB right now...last I looked the price was a little over $800.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2010, 07:06:48 PM »
I know.  I've heard the same thing about the slap from the trigger guard.  I plan on this being a defensive weapon only, with just a few rounds fired to see how it does.  

Going to adopt the same principal as is used on the R9, carry a lot, shoot little.

So, you have two .380's?    :)

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2010, 07:08:34 PM »
The Seecamp 380 has an MSRP of 795 from 2003. I am surprised it has not increased to the 925-975 range when you take inflation and demand into account.

http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl

I really believe if you find a Seecamp .380 for under 1000 you are doing very very well...

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:14:19 PM by FloridaCCW »

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2010, 07:10:46 PM »
At least for me and a few others I've talked to, the primary difference with the 380 recoil is the very sharp slap from the trigger guard on the back of the trigger finger.  It's not something that will stop anyone from firing a few rounds...but I've not heard of too many guys volunteering to run any more than a couple of mags thru, either.  After about 8-10 rds. the "macho" look begins to disappear and the "Ya...that's a fine gun" and "here, you try it, ........(fill in the name of other friend who's been watching)..It's not bad at all."                   (liar)
 ;)  I love the gun and have two...but, the R9 is a lot more comfortable to shoot.

I find the R9 recoil to be the same as the Seecamp 380. I have yet to have my finger slapped too...  The only reason I don't shoot more than a couple mags is because of ammo availability. Nothing to do with hand fatigue for me  ;D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:11:19 PM by FloridaCCW »

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2010, 07:15:21 PM »
Fortunately, yes.  One that has a special serial nbr. notating the month my wife and I met and pet names for each other, swiped from a movie with Sean Connery and Catherin Zita-Jones.  My wife carries a Seecamp 32 with the corresponding name & number.
 The other, is still sealed in the box with another special serial nbr on it.  It took 22 months from order to receipt.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2010, 07:21:42 PM »
I'm gonna find out soon, hopefully, and don't antisipate any hand fatigue either.  I shoot a box of 50 .454 300gr. in the Ruger Alaskan with no fatigue.  

I just like powerful stuff!     ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2010, 07:27:14 PM »
Fortunately, yes.  One that has a special serial nbr. notating the month my wife and I met and pet names for each other, swiped from a movie with Sean Connery and Catherin Zita-Jones.  My wife carries a Seecamp 32 with the corresponding name & number.
 The other, is still sealed in the box with another special serial nbr on it.  It took 22 months from order to receipt.

Sounds nice.  I got on Seecamp's list to be called when they would take orders again which will probably be a couple years and then the order list which will probably be another couple years +.  

If that comes into being, I'll have two as well.    :)  

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2010, 07:33:18 PM »
How'd that go....??? "Patience, Grasshopper."  Ya...I think that was it.
That's what I kept telling myself...then I forgot about it altogether and eventually got a call that it was in...Christmas all over again!!