Author Topic: SEECAMP .380  (Read 93009 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: SEECAMP .380
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2010, 07:47:48 PM »
I just like powerful stuff!     ;D

KJ:

Then you should really like the M109A6 Paladin self-propelled howitzer.   8)

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2010, 07:50:10 PM »
Just keep ordering them, of course once they start taking orders again.

That's what I did.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2010, 08:00:23 PM »
Now there's a thought, Richard!  I like the power!

This is not as powerful as the howitzer, though!    ;D

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2010, 08:01:57 PM »
Just keep ordering them, of course once they start taking orders again.

That's what I did.

I'll be waiting for that call, for sure!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2010, 08:04:39 PM »
Might be a little difficult to pocket carry, but I like it!!   ;)

Now there's a thought, Richard!  I like the power!

This is not as powerful as the howitzer, though!    ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2010, 08:10:33 PM »
It is difficult.  Hangs out the bottom of pants!    ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2010, 08:21:52 PM »
BTW...There's a Seecamp BNIB on GB right now...last I looked the price was a little over $800.

That bid is up to $855. now with six days to go.  This same seller had one on Gunbroker on Thursday that went for $1150.  I had called him that day and asked him if he had anymore and he said yes, one, for $1200 and that it would be going on Gunbroker next, and it is.

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2010, 09:11:32 PM »
Wow....I guess that's the price of instant gratification.  Let's see...
$400.00 (over msrp) divide by 22 months (at best) = $18.18/mo.  or...approximately $0.61/day.
I dunno...tough decision.  It was easy for me because I wanted special numbers.  But, on other guns that did not have that option...I've been known to have a rather impulsive "safe sale."
Sometimes I regretted it....sometimes not.  But it was always one hell of an adventure.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2010, 10:06:20 PM »
I was definitely tempted, but knowing the msrp, just couldn't make myself say yes.  It was tough to pass up, but then all of a sudden the one I will get popped up here; so it worked out.  

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2010, 10:28:53 PM »

That bid is up to $855. now with six days to go.  This same seller had one on Gunbroker on Thursday that went for $1150.  I had called him that day and asked him if he had anymore and he said yes, one, for $1200 and that it would be going on Gunbroker next, and it is.

Just took it to 1000 for fun and I was instantly outbid from a max bid  :D  

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2010, 07:45:09 AM »
I'm not sure these LWS 380s will ever settle down in price as the LWS 32s did. Do you remember the 32s selling for close to a thousand dollars?
Then when the time comes these people that paid the inflated price ( I'm not saying that part is wrong) want to sell, they should expect to set the price for what the market value is, not what they paid.
There was a case on the Seecamp forum where the seller of a 32 wanted way over what you could get a nice used one or a brand new one, and he insisted that he should get that much as he paid too much for it back in the day.He wanted his investment back. Can't happen. Now with the LWS 380s getting up in price we may have the same issue, however, some one here stated that these MSRP prices for the LWS 380 are quite a few years old, and the Seecamp company could have an increase once they get caught up on orders.
So it is possible that some are paying today what tomorrows price will be, so resale wise you could get your money back.
Bottom line is you pay what you are willing to pay, and be happy that you bought one.

That being said, I would not sell any of my LWS 380s until the factory starts taking orders again and I see what a new one would cost me. The one I have on order is locked into that price, but I have ordered one every chance I had eventually the price will go up.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2010, 08:22:09 AM »
KJ:

With a swivel mount, that should fit nicely on top of the Paladin. ;D
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2010, 10:08:07 AM »
Richard.  I suppose that could work.  Now, for the Paladin!    ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2010, 10:11:57 AM »
I'm not sure these LWS 380s will ever settle down in price as the LWS 32s did. Do you remember the 32s selling for close to a thousand dollars?
Then when the time comes these people that paid the inflated price ( I'm not saying that part is wrong) want to sell, they should expect to set the price for what the market value is, not what they paid.
There was a case on the Seecamp forum where the seller of a 32 wanted way over what you could get a nice used one or a brand new one, and he insisted that he should get that much as he paid too much for it back in the day.He wanted his investment back. Can't happen. Now with the LWS 380s getting up in price we may have the same issue, however, some one here stated that these MSRP prices for the LWS 380 are quite a few years old, and the Seecamp company could have an increase once they get caught up on orders.
So it is possible that some are paying today what tomorrows price will be, so resale wise you could get your money back.
Bottom line is you pay what you are willing to pay, and be happy that you bought one.

That being said, I would not sell any of my LWS 380s until the factory starts taking orders again and I see what a new one would cost me. The one I have on order is locked into that price, but I have ordered one every chance I had eventually the price will go up.

It will be interesting to see what the Seecamp price will be when orders are being taken again.  I am glad this one came along, to ease the wait.

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2010, 02:03:35 PM »
At least for me and a few others I've talked to, the primary difference with the 380 recoil is the very sharp slap from the trigger guard on the back of the trigger finger.  It's not something that will stop anyone from firing a few rounds...but I've not heard of too many guys volunteering to run any more than a couple of mags thru, either.  After about 8-10 rds. the "macho" look begins to disappear and the "Ya...that's a fine gun" and "here, you try it, ........(fill in the name of other friend who's been watching)..It's not bad at all."                   (liar)
 ;)  I love the gun and have two...but, the R9 is a lot more comfortable to shoot.

I agree with this. My Seecamp 380 hurts my arthritis in my thumb joints very bad but the R9 is way more comfortable to shoot. :-/
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.