Author Topic: R9 CnC aluminum Skull grips now pup mounted  (Read 6081 times)

Offline PocketRocketLover

R9 CnC aluminum Skull grips now pup mounted
« on: October 19, 2011, 02:36:14 AM »
Hello fellow pup packers . I am happy to say that on Monday I took delivery of my custom made Skull design grips for my R9 . These are CnC cut and the fit is exact . The weight from G10 to aluminum is not something I can notice . I would like to post photos . But since I am not as computer savvy . I will just note where you can find these grips for the time being . Scott.John designs can be found on Ebay . Scott currently has the same skull grips being offered for the Sig P238 in aluminum and micarta . Here is a current Ebay item number for a current listing he has posted 260875174143 as of 10-18-11. Scott has told me the R9 skull grips I have are a one of custom job for now . He has even added a serial number 001 to the set . But he further stated that more can be made once others express interest in them . I can post photos if some one is willing to post them to the forum for me after I email them . So take a look and let me know what you think about them . I am also now thinking of having a Robar finish applied to my pup . Any tips or ideas or insight would be very helpful . Thanks again to all for your time in reading this and helping out .
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 05:27:55 AM by PocketRocketLover »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: R9 CnC aluminum Skull grips now pup mounted
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 04:32:54 AM »
They look good, do they have a sculpted texture ?

I'm sure kj can post the pictures for you. :D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 06:11:26 AM »
Hello Yank , Yes the skull is in deep relief and is almost 3D in nature . They in fact do offer a grip surface that is better then the plain aluminum R9 grips that I have . I was told the blacken portion of the design is obtained via a dura coat process . The only thing I may do , to aid in texture , is to bead blast the non skull portion . This should  match the slide and floor plate I purchased from you and reduce the slick nature of the polished metal . But Scott 's CnC process repeats the spring cutout on the back right grip slab and pin holes exact . He even cut round head screws to replace the flat factory ones . If anyone comes up with a nice Grim Riper design . I would jump at the chance to own a pair of them as well . That would give me more reason to purchase a second R9 !
I will see if KJ will do the post of photos for me once he reads this and sends me his email . SO please feel free to message me . Thanks a ton gents !
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:13:44 AM by PocketRocketLover »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 09:49:16 AM »
PRL.  Sent you a PM.    :)  
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:38:30 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline TpaBayFlyFisher

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 11:11:13 AM »
Would love to see them........... :(

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 08:48:12 PM »
John.  Here are your skull design grip photos.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 08:59:30 PM by kjtrains »

Offline Auto.default

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 11:58:14 PM »
that is wickedly nice!
PUP = perfect undercover pistol

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 10:18:34 AM »
Very nice, I like things that are different. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline TpaBayFlyFisher

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 02:25:56 PM »
While I am not a skull guy, those are very nice.  Are there other options?

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 03:40:01 PM »
Hello TpaBay , While I can't speak for Scott . I do know that he has offered a flame design on his Sig P238 offerings . But since he NOW has his jig setup to cut R9 slabs . I would think it is possible for him to add most any design into his CnC machine and cut that design . But to be certain . I would contact him . But as of my last contact with him . He was not offering any other designs for the R9 . But again . If a few people contact him with the same design in mind . I would think it would be more time and cost effective to make . Look him up via the link KJ added . Or go to Ebay and find him via Scott.John or enter SigP238 skull grips and you should find his selling page . But I am glad people like the idea of new offerings and designs for the R9. I may ask him to make another design of my own for the pup . Now if I could only come up with something better !   ::)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 05:29:06 AM by PocketRocketLover »

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 07:12:17 PM »
that is wickedly nice!

I concur.