Author Topic: 357 sig Sounds like a real showstopper... I just bought a sig 239 : )  (Read 18601 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: 357 sig Sounds like a real showstopper... I just bought a sig 239 : )
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2014, 08:19:51 PM »
Haha. Nanu nanu. I had to google that to even know what Roswell was. Yer killin me cargaritaville.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 09:48:19 PM »
New grips look good to me, but I'm not sure 'ol tracker will approve. Not really the classic look. I'll post the pics anyway. They are the Hogue G10 like sig puts on their extreme pistols. Now all I need is the SRT you recomended Tracker and I will have my own extreme Sig 239 in .357 Sig- it's definately a rocket launcher. Kinda fun to shoot actually.

The G10 surface is a definite advantage for gripping.

The moe special finger extension fits, works and looks good on the R9 IMO for what it's worth; however I'm not a fan of the looks of the extension on the solo, but it makes it much nice to shoot as well.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:07:01 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2015, 10:01:57 PM »
Whatever floats your boat or engages your drill bit. Those after market grips remind me of Jo Ghost Italian loafers.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:12:24 PM by tracker »

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2015, 10:11:45 PM »
Yeah everybody has their own tastes I guess. Mine tends to be a bit odd I guess, but somebody had to buy those grips!

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2015, 12:49:10 AM »
You did it again! Jo Ghost!?! Where do you get this stuff? Haha. Whatever whatever. You're a funny man Tracker.

John Stuart Mill

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2015, 04:37:38 PM »
Josh

Where did the extension for the Solo come from?

Which pistol has better accuracy for you in rapid fire, the R9 or the Solo?

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2015, 05:22:55 PM »
Josh

Where did the extension for the Solo come from?

Which pistol has better accuracy for you in rapid fire, the R9 or the Solo?

Amazon for the solo extension.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_3_12?k=kimber+solo+magazine+extension&sprefix=kimber+solo+

As for rapid fire I would say the 239 MRC. Haha. But between the solo and the R9 for rapid fire, I would prefer the solo. It wins in about every category except pocketability and collectability for me. I usually carry mine IWB though. R9 for pocket carry.

That's not really a knock on the R9 as much as it is a compliment to the solo. The solo is slightly larger, thicker  and heavier too. It is a work of micro pistol genius IMO. They both are.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:23:43 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2015, 05:48:24 PM »
I carried my R9 for about 6 months before I got the Solo.  Once I knew the Solo was going to perform, I guess I conducted "range trials" on the four small 9mm's that I had.  I really did not realize how hard it was for me to get all 7 rounds off with speed and accuracy with the R9.  The first 3 to 5 rounds were fine, but then I started losing my grip.  It is just a physical problem I have I guess, but I feel much better with the Solo in my pocket.

Sig's are great guns.  The 239 is in a different class though from the R9 and Solo.  I have a 229 in 40 and 357 and it is in my car a lot.

The R9 is really in a class by its self.  I really do not think a Corporate Gun Maker like Remington will ever put one like it on the market.  Rohrbaugh was a "Boutique Type" gun builder and really pushed the design awfully close to the limits.

JMO
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 05:58:23 PM by MRC »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2015, 06:09:49 PM »
I was just thinking the same thing today about Remington and their alleged R9. It is not likely to replicate the Rohrbaugh. The Seecamps, on the other hand, look to be in good company for the continuation of the known Seecamp quality.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:14:33 PM by tracker »

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2015, 06:21:26 PM »
And so goes another great American product down the corporate tubes.

John Stuart Mill

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2015, 10:17:41 PM »
I was just thinking the same thing today about Remington and their alleged R9. It is not likely to replicate the Rohrbaugh. The Seecamps, on the other hand, look to be in good company for the continuation of the known Seecamp quality.

The new company is taking it slow and easy to start.  They have not shipped any of the Southwick pistols yet.  They are meeting with Larry Seecamp in the next few days to test and go over what they have made and prepare to ship.  A very good plan I think.

The one problem is that the LWS32 was designed back in the mid 80's around the Winchester Silvertips, the only self defense type 32 ACP ammo made then.  Although the 32 ST's are still made, they have not been the same round for close to 20 years now.  They like, all ammo, evolved with new technology.

The LWS32 needs to be upgraded to utilize "today's" ammunition.  I have had LWS32's, a Beretta Tomcat, and a P32 Keltec.  The Seecamp is by far the fussiest about ammo.

I am waiting to see what the Whalley's will do.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:19:41 PM by MRC »

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2015, 01:08:58 AM »
Ammo and the Seecamp

The only bearable ammo today is the Speer Gold Dots. The old Win Silvertips had a smaller bullet, a thicker case, and an aluminum coated bullet. Most custom gun makers (Bill Wilson) have developed custom ammo. 99% of any gun is dependability.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2015, 11:05:03 PM »
Well i ran another 100 rounds of 357 sig through the 239 with the new and improved G10 grips. Wow. Nice grips. I really like the 239. I still stagger and stumble a bit on the more complex trigger system, but it's coming along. Not a deal breaker. It's a nice winter sized gun for me. And very accurate.

Notice on the one photo how and where the G10 prints the palm. It really grabbed just right and in the perfect part of the Palm IMO.

Also, after noticing Richards post on the precision cartridge I thought I would give a shout out for Double Tap. I'm sure most of you guys are familiar with it but I was impressed to see 1400 FPS out of a 3.5" barrel and I like the fact that they use bonded Gold Dot bullets.

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2015, 10:41:00 PM »
Ran 200 more through this little gem between Sunday and Monday. It's a great pistol for winter carry for me.

Really enjoying it.

For anyone that's interested in .357 sig the Georgia Arms is about as good of a deal as can be found at $165 for 500 rounds.

Their 9mm etc isn't a great deal, but the 357 sig is considerably under market value IMO.

John Stuart Mill