Author Topic: Crazy Coincidence  (Read 1828 times)

Offline MICHPATRIOT

• Expert
Crazy Coincidence
« on: January 27, 2017, 09:42:20 PM »
So a while back I picked up a Smith & Wesson 340 M&P. And I became enamored with wood grips so I went to my local gun shop and picked up a really nice set of Altamont super Rosewood grips. Couple of weeks later I went up North to my uncle's cabin, my uncle is thinking about getting his concealed carry permit and had a look at my revolver. He really liked the wood grips and the size of the revolver. Fast forward a month, my uncle texted me wondering what was the model of revolver that I had showed him, and I told him what kind it was and that was that. Yesterday I went back to my local gun shop and handled a 360 J Smith & Wesson and after I went home I started thinking about those full size rubber grips on that 360 J Smith & Wesson and how they would tame the recoil on my 340 so I called up the gun shop and ask the fellow that I had originally bought those Altamont wood grips from if he would trade me the Altamonts for the rubber grips on the 360 J (the fellow knows me at this gun shop) and he said yeah no problem, bring them up here. So I made the trade and went on my Merry way.. 12 hours later my uncle texted me again telling me that he just bought a revolver kind of like mine,so I call my uncle and ask him what kind of gun he bought. He told me he bought a 360, I asked him if it was a 360PD he said no it was a 360J..gears smoked in my head.. I then asked him where he bought it, and when he told me where I said does it have wood grips? He paused kinda puzzled, and said " yes it does, just like the ones on yours" I replied those are my grips..Un-believable! I then told him I had the original rubber grips and he could have them also..seemed right to me. ;) 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 10:00:36 PM by MICHPATRIOT »

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Crazy Coincidence
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 10:18:37 AM »
Great story, but not a truly unpredictable coincidence IMO...simply a series of related events with a wonderful ending!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis