Author Topic: USCCA and Firearms Training Courses:  (Read 2249 times)

Offline Les

USCCA and Firearms Training Courses:
« on: July 13, 2006, 01:33:25 PM »
I joined the USCCA and feel like it is a great organization and an informative magazine. I also ordered the CCM archives on CD of their first two years. I've been reading through the CD and the thought occours to me that I need to take some more handgun training courses. I have especially been interested in their Armed Senior Citizen sections. They seem to really speak to my needs! Do you know of any good Firearms Training Courses in the Middle TN area? Also, it seems that most of the courses available would require more shooting than the R9 would be able to handle (600-700 rounds) in two days, so I would use my Ultra Carry instead, but I would like to find an instructor that could work with me and the R9 for about a half a day. Any suggestions?

In addition to joining the USCCA, I also have belonged to the TN Firearms Association since it's start and the NRA for more years than I can remember! So I'm also wondering how many different firearms organizations you belong to and which ones you think are the most important to support? Les
Les

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: USCCA and Firearms Training Courses:
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 02:18:27 PM »
Les:

I belong to the NRA and the USCCA.  I'm considering joining the Tennessee Firearms Assocation as well.  

Please let us know what courses you find in Middle Tennessee.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: USCCA and Firearms Training Courses:
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 09:54:15 PM »
One of the best firearms instructors in the country lives in Tennessee -- Randy Cain.  http://www.cumberlandtactics.com

I recommend him highly.  You can see my review of his Tactical Hangun 101 course in the USCCA on-line archieves or at http://www.realworldcarrygear.com

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com