Author Topic: Holster with a Mag Pouch Attached  (Read 2648 times)

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
Holster with a Mag Pouch Attached
« on: October 27, 2004, 02:40:11 PM »
Since the discussion of holsters with a mag pouch attached has been raised on another thread, I’d like to offer my thoughts.

The Pocket Defender Plus model made by K&D Holsters offers a different kind of carry option and is only slightly larger in dimensions than the typical pocket holster, but gives the added peace of mind of an additional magazine -- an important advantage when relying upon a small caliber pocket auto for defensive needs. In addition, everyone is not able to devote two pockets for carry of their weapon and a separate mag pouch.   This style of holster allows you to carry both in the same pocket.  With respect to the size of the holster, the approximate dimensions of the pocket defender plus model are 3 1/2 inches high and 4 1/2 inches wide for a Kel-Tec P3AT, making it actually smaller than other holsters available, even those without an attached mag pouch.  Obviously, the size of the pocket defender plus holster would increase as the size of the gun and/or mag increases.

I’ve included some unsolicited comments below of a customer who received one of our Pocket Defender Plus models of holster—because he can state it even better than I:

“Late last week I received the K&D holster I won from the KTOG contest (Pocket Defender Convertible 2-in-1 Plus, brown, right hand, for a P-3AT). Thank you very much.

I immediately examined it. I own some leather crafted by both Milt Sparks and Mitch Rosen. Your product is equal in quality with those but more innovative in design. The removable flap for disguising the holster in a pocket and stabilizing it is an important addition. Being able to carry a spare mag in the holster rig, so it is all together, improves convenience. It is beautifully boned and stained perfectly.

I carried my KT P-3AT in it over the weekend in both my front right and rear pockets to try it out. It fit fine, was stable, easy to access, and stayed well concealed. I recommend carrying in a holster like this over the KT belt clip or without a holster because the gun is:

·      more stable and secure
·      better concealed
·      easier to access
·      the trigger is protected (safer)
·      the whole unit is easy to remove and replace
·      re-holstering is easier and more convenient
·      you can do what you need with only one hand
·      you have a place for a spare mag
·      the flap disguises the shape of what is in your pocket
·      carrying in a pocket without a holster can be dangerous as well as inconvenient
·      and “no holster” carry puts more wear and tear (and dirt) into the gun.

Beyond the functionality, pride of ownership is a welcome consideration. I have always preferred leather over plastic and nylon, and your quality components with excellent craftsmanship make this a holster to show people. What a conundrum: a well-concealed holster you want to show people!”

Despite concerns raised about the size or the practicality of a holster with an integrated mag carrier, I have sold well over a hundred of this style and never had a  Pocket Defender Plus holster returned because of a concealment issue.  Again, this style of carry is not preferred by everyone for a variety of reasons, but for those who choose it, they seemed to be well satisfied.  

Holster choice is a very personal decision and everyone has to make their own choices.  If you are really interested in a holster with a mag carrier – try one.  There are any number of holster makers who make them and sell them.

www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
Re: Holster with a Mag Pouch Attached
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 03:02:29 PM »
I have seen that.  Web site please.  It is time for me to order two; one for Rohrbaugh and one for Keltec P-11.

Thanks!
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 03:39:14 PM »
It is in our new "Links" section!   ;D

http://www.kdholsters.com

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline erh

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 12:39:28 AM »
Check out:
www.palehorseholsters.com
Top notch guys:  Ross is at Palehorse "Deals" the fabulous Ron Graham products, and a real delight to deal with either guy in general..!

My best to you & yours,

(erh)
-E!-
"The Hill", GA.