Author Topic: My experience with generation 2 mag springs  (Read 3913 times)

Offline riffraff

• Master
My experience with generation 2 mag springs
« on: July 28, 2007, 02:00:12 PM »
Hello again everyone,

I have just installed the new stronger mag springs.  I was a little woried as I was getting the impression that loading that 6th round and seating the mag in the gun after this modification was going to be a problem.  No problems at all.  It is not that hard to seat that last round in the mag and my mags snapped home with out a hitch.  Even installing the mag springs was not to hard but I do have a bit of experience with this type of thing as I know most who post here do.

I am positive that these new mag springs will solve one problem that I did have in the past with my guns.  On occasion, sometimes with the 3 and 4th or 2nd and 3rd rounds in the mag(counting from the top), after I would fire, these rounds would wind up both pointing straight up together in the mag.  This had to be caused by the recoil of such a light gun in a relatively potent caliber and the what has been commented on here before, the seemingly weak generation 1 mag springs.

I have every confidence that this modification will increase the reliability of my R9's without requiring that I use the 3 types of ammo in my guns that were always 100% reliable.

As I wrote way, way back when I got my first R9, I love this gun and was/am determined to make it work for me.  

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline CNO53

• Expert
Re: My experience with generation 2 mag springs
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 11:22:25 PM »
Hey Mike, Thats good news. I'm with you, I love my R9S. Mine has been 100% thru 117 rounds and I expect it to remain so. Mine came with the new springs both recoil and mag. It's very good to hear that the previous guns upgraded with the new springs are preforming at 100% as well.  Continued success. Thanks for the update.

Neal

Perception...Reality...?

Offline marvin

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 04:28:28 PM »
Mike
The new mag springs fixed the feed problems I was having too.Sure is nice to look down after a shot and see the action closed instead of only half closed on a half fed round.

jeff

Offline Amacro

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 11:03:19 PM »
Hi- I'm reponding to your post reg the 2nd generation mag springs- I just picked up my R9 stealth last week and have been doing a lot of reading -I've not had a chance to test it out on the range but was interested in finding out if the "new guns" have the same situation wtih the mag springs -appreciate you're feed back-new to site and I feel fortunate to be part of this group-Thanks

Offline Amacro

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 01:14:15 PM »
Thank's I appreciate the quick reply -can't wait to go shooting thanks-