Author Topic: holsters  (Read 5448 times)

Offline seeker

holsters
« on: November 21, 2005, 08:43:57 PM »
Just recieved a holster for the new pup(9s),and could not be more pleased,K&D holster,the defender 2in 1 model,can be used in the right pocket & snap on the back panel to be used in the back pocket,& a holder for the extra clip,i was so impressed i had to call him up & tell him how pleased i was,i have been tooling leather for some 40 yrs and not easily impressed

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
Re: holsters
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 10:39:48 PM »
Glad you got fixed up with good pocket carry. I have one of Kevins fine holsters, he does a great job! 8)
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 11:10:23 PM »
Oh yes - another of Kevin's customers here - and two of my rigs have beaut' tooling.  Something I greatly appreciate.

My R9 rigs are plain but my 226 Eagle Defender and kenin's very able copy of my old Jim Burke J frame rig are just great!

This is not best pic of the J frame rig - can't find the detail one.

Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 01:02:31 AM »
seeker:

Thank you for the kind words.  I enjoyed talking with you this afternoon, especially having the opportunity to talk with someone who does the leathercraft.

R9SCarry:

Here it is in it's "natural" state:

« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 01:31:06 AM by K-Man »
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 10:01:07 AM »
Very nice, Kevin....
RJ=

Offline bigyimmy

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 10:26:02 AM »
RJ.......PM sent.............

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 03:00:11 PM »
Kevin,
Very nice... ;D

I have nothing but good things to say about the holster I received from you!! 8)

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 06:12:41 PM »
Kevin - I'm impressed - will be looking for a belt holster for my R9 and I'm sold - will contact you in the near future
Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline seeker

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 07:14:33 PM »
Kman:i meant what i said over the phone,you might want to send the holster leather w/the back panel and i could do both,i am not sure if you wet form,but the bkgrnd dye should not run,let me know

Offline bigyimmy

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 11:34:02 PM »
I must confess.  I have never been one to use a pocket holster much.  Now with the R9 I see it is an excellent way to go.  I just ordered one from RJ along with an mag pouch.  From the pictures of his holsters and the nice comments on here I am sure I will be pleased.

-Almost Turkey Day!

Offline seeker

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 10:49:16 AM »
I hope that other holster makers will be mentioned here,and hopefully will become a referance for those that are looking looking to purchase one,my experience has been,that w/the 9s that it lends itself to a pocket holster,for spur of the moment travel,and the weight factor of about 18 oz loaded is about the upper limit for slacks,and my s&w scandia w/lazer grips falls into the pocket carry class very well,i make referan ce to 2 articles in concealed carry magazine,both vol 2,issues 1&4,which have excellant articles on holsters and which activities are best suited for each carry method,the only thing i find lacking was the smart carry method.

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 06:51:48 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, folks.  

MountainMan:

Feel free to contact me whenever you might want to order one of the holsters.

seeker:

I'll try and get one out to you next week.  I'll send both the holster and the anti-print panel.
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline seeker

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2005, 12:18:19 AM »
Ah,K-Man,i knew there was something about you,here,parachute rigger,of course navy 4 yrs,kiddy cruise,shy of 4yrs by 3 weeks,not to worry about the holster,will be well taken care of.