Author Topic: Grateful  (Read 3807 times)

Offline Robar233

• Master
Grateful
« on: June 09, 2011, 08:27:31 PM »
Dear Forum Founders,
 I want to express my sincere thanks to you all for creating (and maintaining) a fantastic resource of information. If it were not for this forum I never would have "taken a chance" on buying such an expensive firearm. Especially, one that has not had much press coverage.
 With the information I gathered on this forum, long before I joined, I found a retailer that carries Rohrbaugh's (K5 Arms) on a regular basis and was very knowledgeable. On my first trip (of manyand a long way) to his store he showed me (could not touch) a special engraved model. On subsequent trips I could touch/hold some models. He told me about the limited production models and about the Robar version that was due to be released. I was sold! I had to have one. I traded my ASP 9mm I had converted back in the 80's with hesitation. I now have NO regrets whatsoever!
 Without the great people behind this forum I never would have bought this pistol that I now carry daily. The advice on holsters and magazine extensions (for a big mitt like mine) have been right on target, pun intended.
 Thanks to whoever you all are!
 Sincerely,
 Robar233

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: Grateful
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 10:16:28 PM »
My thanks to all as well.  The Absolute Best Bunch of Folks on the Net!

Robar223, please post oftern, then we will be thanking you.

That's what's its all about
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 01:02:55 AM »
Rober well said, I think most of us feel the same about the site and the founding fathers. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 09:47:01 AM »
Very good words, Robar233.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 12:28:09 PM »
Robar233, welcome to the forum, post often and enjoy. Congrats on your new pup, you'll never look back.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline parkgt

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 07:01:11 PM »
I couldn't have said it better, and was planning on writing something along the same lines.

I on the other hand had no dealers around; so my decision was a leap of faith after reading almost every post on this board.  With out having seen one in person or having handled one I decided to buy a new Stealth.  Before it arrived I decided to also buy a used two-tone form the classifieds here.

The Stealth arrived yesterday. It has been stripped, lubed and put back together (by hand) with a pair of VZ CF grips.  Can't wait for the two tone with the VZ Black Cherry grips to arrive.

After trips to the range I will write a report on them and comparison to my trusty pair of Sig 239s.

If I learn enough to contribute anything I will.  But it seems the founders have it all well covered.

Thanks to all!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 07:54:01 PM »
Welcome to the campfire, and congratulations on having chosen what I consider to be the finest pocket pistol yet designed.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"