Author Topic: Another New Guy  (Read 4845 times)

Offline Sgt_Maj

Another New Guy
« on: October 15, 2011, 05:23:43 PM »
Another FNG just checking in. I've been lurking a while to learn more about the R9 series. I hadn't heard much about them except they are the best in category -- no competition. I like what I see -- and now I want one. Just missed a good buy last week, but still looking. Would like a R9 Stealth like new -- I'd really like a Robar (but I don't know if I can find one or if I did, if I have enough milk money.)

Please advise as to where I can get a new or used one. No dealers here in Kansas . . .

Happy to be here and expect to learn much more. . .

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Another New Guy
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 06:28:44 PM »
Sgt_Maj, Welcome to the group.
  You can check with Tom Watson (Irish Guard Firarms) here on the forum he can probably fix you up.
Good luck in your search.

http://irishguardfirearmsltd.com/

You might also check on Gun Broker, there are a few on there.

http://www.gunbroker.com/

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 06:40:16 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sgt_Maj

Thanks yankee2500
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 06:41:14 PM »

Thanks for the assist yankee2500. I'll check with Tom Watson ASAP.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 07:10:00 PM »
Welcome to the campfire, Sgt_Maj. Tom Watson will get you the R9 you want. And I concur entirely with your "best in category" assessment.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 08:46:34 PM »
Another FNG just checking in. I've been lurking a while to learn more about the R9 series. I hadn't heard much about them except they are the best in category -- no competition. I like what I see -- and now I want one. Just missed a good buy last week, but still looking. Would like a R9 Stealth like new -- I'd really like a Robar (but I don't know if I can find one or if I did, if I have enough milk money.)

Please advise as to where I can get a new or used one. No dealers here in Kansas . . .

Happy to be here and expect to learn much more. . .

Sgt_Maj.  Welcome.  Good to hear you're wanting an R9.  I, too, endorse Tom Watson for your Rohrbaugh needs.  He'll gladly help.  Your "best in catagory" for the R9 is right on the money.  Again, welcome.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:27:49 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline TpaBayFlyFisher

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »
While you are looking for an R9 you may want to read the R45 section!!!!  ;D

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 09:02:46 PM »
   Sgt_Maj, welcome to Rohrbaugh World, home of the best pocket pistols and the best people on the planet. We all have something to learn and we all have something to teach, so pull up a chair and get comfortable. As for Tom, I've bought five guns from him over the years and never been happier, if he tells you something you can believe it.       Gene
birdman