Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh R9 (all variations)

Choosing an R9 for EDC

(1/3) > >>

Wanderer:
I was curious about opinions on the best options for an everyday carry R9.  I have wanted to get one since around 2005 and had a local shop try to get one for me but they were never able to obtain one.   I'm in the position now to pick one up,  but with the demise of Remington and no source for spare parts I want to make sure that I make a good decision.  Since a Robar is likely out of the question since there are so few of them out there,  that leaves me wondering about what I should be looking for. 

There are few on Gunbroker right now,   And if I understand correctly,  The closer to 6300 and with a slide that says U.S.A. is likely the best bet.    But I also have to come up with scare magazines which appears to be challenging.   

Some people mentioned the pair that is currently selling should probably not be fired.   I'm guessing for fear of the slide cracking.   

There are also some being sold as new in box with a low R1100 SN.   Trying to understand if these are selling because of the low SN or br because the price is a bit to high.    New in box sounds like a good thing, but sometimes my luck with the good thing turning out to not be so good is just how it goes.

It looks like there were ones selling sub 1000 as of December but now it looks like the few available want significantly more.  I don't necessarily have a problem with paying for what I want,  but the 2 for 10K in the post is a little rich for my blood and I don't think it would be right to carry those particular ones.

Anything I should be careful of when trying to pick on up?

Any advice would be appreciated.

ccoorreeyy:
WELCOME!!!!

The 5-6k range serial numbers will have all the updates I believe.  They show up regularly on Gunbroker for just under $1000.  The mags show up from time to time on GB and on Ebay.

Just my 2cents:  I wouldt worry about any serial number range.  I'd find a good deal and shoot it and enjoy it!

Wanderer:
Thanks for the welcome and the info.

When the right one comes a long I'll be ready to jump on it. 

Wanderer:
With the help of Cargaritaville who let me purchase one of his collection I am soon to be the owner of my first Rohrbaugh.  I have waited a long time to finally get one.

It should be in next week,  and then I'll have to schedule a range trip.

Thanks Norm!

ccoorreeyy:
Congrats!!!  Start the lookout for #2 😁

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version