Author Topic: *** Update on R9S problem  (Read 7500 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: *** Update on R9S problem
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2006, 11:47:01 PM »
Larry - that is outstanding - and yes, I think quite often we as owners do feel we are part of the whole R family!

Hope very much all is well when you get to shoot it - allow maybe for a bit of break in again if recoil spring is fresh.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Larry

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2006, 12:27:03 PM »
Hi, All:  I went to the range yesterday to test gun returned from factory.  They replaced slide, and "tweaked" the springs.  I ran 3 mags with 6 rnds. and had FTF on same rnd. each time, but gun was right on target. I was able to pull slide back slightly and then it would feed stuck round.  I may have limp-wristed in my effort to rapid fire.  However, one mag was shot one-handed with same result.  I finally ran one mag of Win Silvertips which I have had for years.  They ran flawlessly!  I believe Maria told me that Eric Rohrbaugh uses Silvertips in his gun.  However, she said: "But Not the 'white box'.  Does anyone know which box she would be referring to here, and if it is currently made in standard pressure.  BTW, the report and recoil on the ST's and GD's very similar.  My first concern with defensive carry is that it go Bang!  Even if round is older tech.  I cleaned and lubed again.  No trouble with dis-assemb.or re-assmb.  Thanks to you folks on the Forum.   Larry

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2006, 05:29:47 PM »
Larry,

She meant WWB (Winchester White Box).  They are white with red printing, as I recall.  They are commonly found at Wal-Mart and are very economical.

You might see them say Winchester USA.  Good for practice.

I'm glad the Silver Tips are working well.

Bill
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 05:31:10 PM by Michigunner »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2006, 06:28:34 PM »
Not that I recommend it but I have fired 1 or 2 mags of
wwb at the range and they worked fine.

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2006, 06:50:43 PM »
The Silvertip Box - they are standard pressure:

« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 06:53:48 PM by MountainMan »
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Larry

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2006, 09:07:36 PM »
Thanks Bill, Dave and Tracker for reply.  I have not run into this box yet.  Have used various white boxes from Wally World.  Dave," a picture is worth a......", thanks. Did you have to post photo to a website before loading on forum thread/post?  BTW, I recently read through Outside My Windows III & IV.  Glad to be a member of this forum when I read great stuff like that.  Gratefully, Larry

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2006, 09:26:33 PM »
Larry

To post a picture you need to place it on a host site - I use Photobucket.  Go to this link to R9SCarry's FAQ site - a lot of info there and Chris showed me.

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/rohrbaugh/basefile/pic-post.htm

RJ has posted some good directions in the past on posting photos - maybe he will repost them.

If you want to see how "Outside My Windows" got it's name you would need to go to to "OMWI - A Magical Morning" (the first one).

Join in often Larry.

Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2006, 07:52:37 PM »
I have had no problems with shooting either the WWB-USA brand,or the STHPs ;)

In either of the pups that I have shot regularly,I have not had a problem with GDHP 115s either..

Wish you well in finding the proper feed for your pup!! 8)

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe